to the perpetually betrayed

To those who have been cheated on time and time again:

To the long suffering betrayed... The martyrs, if you will.

Do you ever just wait it out? Are you waiting for the other woman to eventually go away? Do you check phone records, count as calls diminish?

Can anyone relate?

OP: Do you mean people who are repeatedly cheated on by the same cheater who they continuously take back or people who get cheated on by almost every different partner they date?

Either way, the betrayed partner has the ability to stop this. If it's the same cheater, kick that person to the curb. If it's different people, you have to sit down & figure out what the common denominator is, why do you keep picking cheaters? Once you figure out why, stop.

• Like 2
To those who have been cheated on time and time again:

To the long suffering betrayed... The martyrs, if you will.

Do you ever just wait it out? Are you waiting for the other woman to eventually go away? Do you check phone records, count as calls diminish?

Can anyone relate?

'Martyr' is the wrong word. 'Doormat' is more appropriate.

But I'm guessing you're not going away from 'committed man' any time soon, right? Is is just a battle of wills until one of you dies?

Edited by pickflicker
  • Like 4
  • Author
OP: Do you mean people who are repeatedly cheated on by the same cheater who they continuously take back

Yes, them.

If it's the same cheater, kick that person to the curb.

I'm guessing you're not going away from 'committed man' any time soon, right? Is is just a battle of wills until one of you dies?

Oh, no, I'm done with him. She can have him back, LOL. That little fish has been tossed back into the sea.

Lil, less than a month ago you professed undying, devoted, love for cheater guy. Emotions don't just just get tossed away like fish into the sea.

So, either you make more out of situations than they really are, or you enjoy drama, or you have some disorder.

What's up with you?

• Like 3
  • Author
Just don't take double-or-more-cheaters back. Personally, I'd kick him off a rooftop after the very first betrayal.

Me, too. Enduring a relationship where someone is cheating tells me the people who are together are not in it for love. Someone who truly loves me would not tolerate sharing me. No way, no how. And vice versa.

Me, too.

But you did take him back, time, and time again. You professed to love him, very recently, after taking him back time and time again, so how can you say?:

Enduring a relationship where someone is cheating tells me the people who are together are not in it for love.

This is what I mean about your posts and thought processes not being consistent. Because of that I can't believe you.

• Like 2
  • Author
But you did take him back, time, and time again. You professed to love him, very recently, after taking him back time and time again

You're thinking of someone else. I left him alone last summer, and took him back in the fall. That's it.

You're thinking of someone else. I left him alone last summer, and took him back in the fall. That's it.

To be quite honest, you are so vague and so misleading in your posts, I have given up trying to give you advice.

No joke.

You left him this past summer. You posted in November that you left him. Took him back in December and you're claiming to leave him now. You keep taking him back. You keep claiming to love him. You knew he was cheating the very first time you engaged with him. According to you that's being a doormat.

• Like 1
  • Author
You posted in November that you left him.

No, I didn't.

Took him back in December

That's incorrect. We spent Thanksgiving Eve together. That's when he began hinting that he might need to switch residences.

And you're claiming to leave him now.

I'm putting him back in the friend zone.

No, I didn't.

Ah, well when someone refers to someone as their ex it means that they have broken up.

Regardless, you knew he was a cheater and yet you endured so you meet your own definition of a doormat. Enough said.

• Author
Ah, well when someone refers to someone as their ex it means that they have broken up.

You're definitely thinking of someone else.

Enough said.

Indeed.