Question Of Being "just Friends"?????

I was looking for woman and men's opinion on whether or not it's possible for someone who's in a a committed relationship to be "just friends" with single people of the opposite sex???

In my experience it's nearly impossible and was hoping to get some of your views, hopefully speaking from experience:)

So what do you think? If Yes...what are the boundaries and if NO ..why not?

Yep, it's possible, one of my best friends is a single guy, but we were friends long before I even met my husband. Luckily my husband likes him too and that makes a difference.

I don't hang out with him as much as I did before I was married though, only because I moved away, but we still email and talk on the phone alot. He's just like one of the girls, except we keep our menstrual cycle conversations to a minimum :)

We have never talked about any boundaries between us because we have never been in the situation where the topic would come up. We have had sporadic crushes on each other throughout the relationship, but that was years ago, now it is more like we are brother and sister.

LucreziaBorgia

My closest friends are male, and they are genuine friends: they know and like me, and my husband and have watched my daughter grow up. There is no sexual or romantic stuff going on, and they are treated like any other family member or same sex friend.

I can tell you this: if there is anything sexual or romantic, or simmering attraction no matter how latent or subtle - its not really a friendship in the true sense. If you treat this person differently than your same sex friends, then its not really a friendship. The boundaries are somewhat different.

• Author

Well...i am in a situation that make me un easy about my b/f becoming friends with women who outwardly express their "agenda", if you know what i mean....i trust him but i do not feel it's fair because i feel she's up to something...i can be completely wrong HOWEVER, she has made him uncomfortable twice now ( he's admitted to me) and i do not know what's fair anymore....i do not want to interfere with him having female friends but i do not think it's right to me in my opinion ( cause it hurts me) to develop a friendship with someone because i should trust him...when it seems their's a hidden agenda on her part...we are not talking about a long term friend, we are talking about someone he is now wanting to develop a friendship with, she is seeking this friendship and he somehwta feels it's harmless to become her friend.....she's actually his close friends ex-girlfriend ( they recently have broken up)...it's all to weird and i will not tolerate nonsense....what do you think?