Bad breakup and a commited guy friend, !

Sludge_Factory

Sludge_Factory

So,as i've posted here,and i've posted here a few times about my ex who broke up with me 3 times now,who i ,even though he was treating me bad in terms of blaming/projecting and GIGS,still love very much(i know it's bad).

Well this topic is not about him,but about a friend who used to be very much interested in me and we shared practically everything but over the years he ended up in the friend zone over me being with the other guy,who turned out to be a commitment chicken.

The sad part is the guy friend even told me he loved me.

The thing is,we haven't seen each other in 2 years (and he was angry at that),other then going for walks while i was broken up and crying on his shoulder basically.In the meantime he got into a commited relationship with a girl that is an awesome friend to me,and it's soon gonna be their 2 nd year of relationship.

His gf used to be kinda jealous that we have some kind of a special connection but he assured her that we're old friends(7) years

So,morning today i was kicked out of my house in the middle of an argument and turned up at his doorstep shoeless and all crying.I was all traumatized and i almost went off to the psych ward but it was too far to walk barefoot in the middle of january.Luckily he lives close by.

The weird thing is,when i came there,he basically dragged me into his 1 inch bed and we slept the whole afternoon in the same bed,no cuddling or anything,other then he somehow managed to cross his feet with mine,we woke up,ate something and laughed at some stuff and then parted ways.He gave me some shoes and a jacket i need to return.I wasn't exactly comfortable with this because even though i used to have feelings for him before i met the d-bag.

He is also very protective of me and likes to kiss my forehead and cheek and when i broke up we went for a walk in the middle of the night,he ran to my house and he held my hand the whole walk.:confused:

he still has a girlfriend that i adore and respect and i'm concerned about all this.I don't want to be a homewrecker or anything but we've been best friends for 6+ years and even though i was an ******* while i was dating my ex he was still practically waiting for me to come back.

I'm in a world of hurt right now over the breakup and i don't trust myself in these things right now but other than this complication,i have about 3 more guys at my tail that have been waiting for me to break up so they could step in,and i'm in a state of shock and not having a closure again messes with my head so i don't know if i should go dating or not dating or be stupid and wait to see if my ex comes back.

I know this basically sounds like a scene from how i met your mother but...Help?

• 4 weeks later...

You are in a bad place right now and it would not be fair to him if you involve him without clearing your head first. It will destroy your friendship with him if you confess to him without making sure you want him for what he is and are willing to make a commitment to him. My suggestion is just do things that you enjoy and dont get involved with bf/gf situations for a while.

It does sound like a scene from how I met your mother :p.

You are not thinking clearly right now.

You will destroy your friendship with the guy, screw over his girlfriend, and cause a world of hurt on all parties involved.

You have 4 backup guys lining around. Why do you feel the need to nourish that? Try being alone for a change and get over your ex. You will be in a much better position to make a sound judgement.