Re: TONY: need some reassurance.

Tony T

You need to talk to your doctor, not the pharmacist.

The major role of the doctor is to find the exact right combination of medication, dosage, etc. that stabilizes the patient, makes him/her feel better, and reduces side effects to those that can be tolerated.

Work closely with your doctor to achieve this.

In the meantime, keep a notepad by your bed and when you get up, start consciously making notes of your activities...what you need to get done...and what you have completed.

Inderal is rarely if ever used for anxiety, it is a betablocker mostly used for tachycardia (rapid pulse) and high blood pressure. Your doctor should tell you exactly why you are on this. One of the side effects of Inderal is impairment of recent memory function so if you were having this problem before, Inderal can only make that worse.

You need to really team up with your doctor and get this straightened out. Do not hesitate to call his/her office between visits to discuss these side effects.

Inderal, much to my surprise, has been prescribed often to people who suffer with anxiety due to public speaking. The first time I heard this, I just about fainted. Yes, it's a betablocker, and used MOSTLY for people with high BP. Apparently lots of people who do public speaking, even actors (who have severe stage fright) use Inderal. Seems pretty damn dangerous to me. It can obviously cause LOW blood pressure...which can lead to all sorts of health problems...heart problems, fainting, etc.

I agree with your advice to Jennie. She MUST discuss all this with her doctor.......that is his/her job. And like I recommended last time, she should be seeing a psychiatrist........they are more knowledgable in what she's going through, than a regular family doctor (GP/General Physician). If it was me, I'd personally not take Inderal (of course, after consultation with physician/psychiatrist). Of course, none of here are qualifed to advise Jennie......only a trained professional (MD, Psych) can do this. She should make an appt to see her doc first thing MOnday...and discuss all of this with him/her.

Laurynn

• Author

I was aware of this use of Inderal but I failed to notice the poster mentioning public speaking as the reason for her use of it. Sorry, will do better next time.

I'm assuming the remainder of your post is directed at her, though you seem to be addressing me. Oh well...

Sorry, didn't realize you knew that Inderal was used for that. And no, the remainder of my post wasn't directed at you...I just wrote what I wrote *there* because I was already there. Follow? :-)

L