Why is he different with me?

I'm just curious, I am not getting my hopes up or anything. I have this guy friend that treats me differently from other girls. He is the outgoing type, funny, cracks jokes, a flirt, and seems to want to be the center of attention. He stares at me alot but he talks normal to me, he doesn't really flirt with me, he'll say some things, but I noticed with other girls he is more vulgar and flirty with them. He is more crude with them, and he just seems to be different around them where as me he's kinda shy and reserved, and I found that odd considering he is the outgoing/wild type.

When he gets drunk though he gets very flirty with me, and one time when he was sober he actually asked me if we wanted to have sex but then he got awkward and weird about it and seemed embarrassed haha. Like I said he doesn't really get sexual with me. He does hug me alot and will touch my arm alot, and sometimes he'll touch my back. But he just seems so different around me and I am just curious why one would have this behavior? He stares at me though like he is observing me and even from a distance I catch him staring at me, when I lock eyes with him I feel like he can see right through me, haha! And it's kinda creepy. He doesn't really compliment me but he'll say "love you" to me alot, but behind my back I heard that he called me "Hot" and a "Good girl" so why would one be different with one girl? Any opinions? Thanks!