Make Out friends- immature?

TheBlingRing14

TheBlingRing14

I have had a string of bad experiences lately, and so I am pretty much done with the dating scene for now.

This guy messaged me from an OLD site, and he is really nice, and we get along pretty well. We share a lot of similar interests, so I am pretty sure conversation will never be a problem. I am not interested in him romantically. Like I said, I am not in the state of looking for romance, and even if I were, I am not sure I would view this guy in that light.

After some messages back and forth, he expressed interest in meeting me. He was very sweet and polite about it, so no complaints there.

I have been perfectly honest with him. I explained to him that I wasn't in a place to date, not interested in romance, and that per his profile, since he is looking for a relationship, I didn't want him to be led on.

He appreciated my honesty, and that while yes, he is looking for a relationship, he is looking for friends too, being new to the area. Okay, fine. So, I said in kind of a joking way (but I am dead serious) that making out with him is all I am prepared to do at this point. He joked back (but maybe he is serious?) that maybe he would take me up on that sometime.

We probably won't be meeting up for a few weeks yet. BUT...1) Is it immature of me to be totally up for a make out sesh, just for funsies? 2)Is there an easy way to let him know I was serious about my suggestion or should I just wait it out and see if he takes the bait?

You're 2 consenting adults. Who cares if other people think it's immature?

Just be direct with him, make sure he knows it's not going anywhere else.

• Like 2

Wait to see if he takes the bait. All that matters is your happiness, if that's what makes you happy then do it. But make sure that he thinks the same.

This is a guy you haven't met in person yet? He may very well take your make out offer to imply that you're open for NSA sex. Is that what you mean? (I'm sorry, I've noticed that many here use the term making out to designate fooling around without full blown sex).

If you're open for that, sure. You're two consenting adults. If you throw that offer out and expect him to stick to kissing and fondling, he may look at you as a tease. Make sure you're both on the same page, and play safely!

• Author
TheBlingRing14
You're 2 consenting adults. Who cares if other people think it's immature?

You are right. I shouldn't really care what other people think, now that I think about it.

Wait to see if he takes the bait. All that matters is your happiness, if that's what makes you happy then do it. But make sure that he thinks the same.

Yeah, that's kind of the thing. The reason I put it out there in the first place, is I wanted to make things LESS awkward...to avoid the whole "Should I or shouldn't I?" stuff, to let him know that if the urge strikes him, I'm okay with it. To let him know that even though we are just friends, I am still cool with some benefits of that friendship.

But, now it almost feels MORE awkward, because it is like...do I just say, "Okay do ya wanna make out now?" Or...do I wait and see if he makes the move? But, what if he doesn't because he thinks I was kidding him? So, all this crazy crap I was trying to avoid....still basically exists.

This is a guy you haven't met in person yet? He may very well take your make out offer to imply that you're open for NSA sex. Is that what you mean? (I'm sorry, I've noticed that many here use the term making out to designate fooling around without full blown sex).

I very clearly said I wasn't looking for sex. And, I very clearly said making out was the extent of what I was willing to do. Now, I know that making out is a little different for everybody. So, yes, there may be different views of what that entails. But, I did say, I wasn't looking for sex. So, we SHOULD be on basically the same page. He said he wasn't looking for only sex either. Although I did notice he added the word "only" in there...still, I think/hope we are seeing eye to eye. But, I guess ya never know.