When to confront

Hi guys!

The situation: My girlfriend was at a party on saturday. I was abroad. On tuesday I found out that she called her friend who was a host of this party to send her mobile phone of a guy who also attended. She was home a little bit later than usual.

Would you confront her now why she asked about this number or shoud I wait and check whether it will somehow develop?

Many thanks for any insight :)

Cheers!

I'd try to find out a little bit more information first. When I found out my ex was soliciting for an affair I performed some investigation to uncover additional information; essentially more ammo to confront her with.

Confront is such a strong, angry act.

At this point, all she did was go to a party & ask for a phone #. You have no idea why.

I would definitely ask about it but no I don't think you should confront (attack) her at this point.

Too early to confront.

Quietly check her phone records if possible.

And if you can place a voice activated recorder in her car or a pen var in her purse to see what you are up against.

Don't let on like you suspect her of any wrongdoing.

Too early to confront.

Quietly check her phone records if possible.

And if you can place a voice activated recorder in her car or a pen var in her purse to see what you are up against.

Don't let on like you suspect her of any wrongdoing.

Trust issues much?

You don't advocate talking but instead recommend a full on violation of the other person's privacy? For the gov't to do those things to a person they need a warrant. Geesh.

For all anybody knows the GF wants to fix the guy up with somebody or found something of his that she wants to return or perhaps he sells something that she'd like to buy for her BF. The fact that both the OP & everybody on this site assumes she has nefarious plans is sad.

Ask her and listen to her answer.

she is not the defendant and your not the prosecutor.

I think to do more it's a disproportionate response .

• Like 1
Trust issues much?

You don't advocate talking but instead recommend a full on violation of the other person's privacy? For the gov't to do those things to a person they need a warrant. Geesh.

For all anybody knows the GF wants to fix the guy up with somebody or found something of his that she wants to return or perhaps he sells something that she'd like to buy for her BF. The fact that both the OP & everybody on this site assumes she has nefarious plans is sad.

That's why I said quietly.

If she doesn't exibit red flag behavior then forget it.:)

And today the govt thinks they don't need a warrant:mad: but that is a whole other thread there.

the evidence is weak and can be explained away easily. You need to wait and find something more concrete.

Or just break up with her and save yourself the hassle.

So, you either investigate and find out what's going on in your relationship or hope that you accidentally "stumble" across something as another poster suggested.

Edited by Chi townD