What should I think?

confusedsoul14

confusedsoul14

Hi everyone!

I really like this guy and I know that he likes me too. But this is where the problem starts. Although, he treats me very nicely, I simply can't figure out if he likes me just as a friend or more than that! This is so frustrating! Another problem is that he has a very close female friend who wants to have a relationship with him. They hang out together 24/7 and I'm not even kidding! So I concluded that they have finally become bf and gf. Since then, I have been trying to control my feelings and being distant from him as much as possible. But last week, a friend told me that they are not in a relationship yet and that he has told her that he doesn't want a relationship with her at the moment. This news got my hopes up again but I don't want to hurt anybody. :(

So here's a list of things he does to me that makes me think that he might be interested in me:

1. He stared at me a couple of times before, and he always notices me when I enter a room or something.

2. He always smiles at me and says hi

3. He ALWAYS laughs at my jokes and keeps saying that I'm hilarious.

4. He asked me to sit with his friends a couple of times, although he never asked me to sit with him alone (well, that's because he is never alone).

5. Once I tried to ignore him and it kinda showed. But he still called me from the back and talked to me. He was also trying to be in pace with me as we were climbing down the stairs.

6. Sometimes, he acts like he didn't even see me. I think sometimes he feels nervous to say hi to me, to look at me. What the hell!

7. Last week, we met each other after a long time. He was sitting with his female friend (as usual), and a mutual friend went to greet them. He asked that friend to tell me that he wants to see me....Because he wants to say hi.... and he said that in front of her.

8. Once we were sitting beside each other and our knees touched. He didn't move his leg away.

There are a lot of other things that i can't remember right now. So does he like me just as friend? Does he see me as sth more?? If so, then what should I do?

This is like the plot of Jane Austen's Persuasion - an all time classic.

They both love each other but are afraid to make the first move.

Ask him if he's interested in being more than friends.

If that's too extreme, write him a note (very last century I know).

Or you can play games - ask him if he thinks you're hotter than (insert name of his favorite sexpot). If he says her then you say but I'm here and she's not...

Wish I had known this when I was your age.

• Like 1
  • Author
confusedsoul14

They both love each other but are afraid to make the first move.

So you think that he likes me? I want to know if he does without asking him. He is such a sweet person in general so I don't want to embarrass myself by mistaking his politeness with fliratation.

• Author
confusedsoul14

@Dave604

And thanks for your reply. What you told to ask me to him really made me laugh and cheerful. :)

He is afraid of being rejected - guys can be a bit clueless - I know I was.

You need to take control and guide him into situations where it's easier for him to make a small move. Engineer a situation where you two are alone but in public.

• Like 1
  • Author
confusedsoul14
Engineer a situation where you two are alone but in public.

The problem is that we are NEVER alone! NEVER EVER! He is always hanging out with that close female friend of his. I often hang out with them and we laugh and joke. But recently, I have been avoiding sitting with them and i think he noticed that. Because today when I sat with them after a long time, he seemed very cold towards me. :( And Gosh! It was so awkward! Because usually we talk a lot but today it was kinda tensed... At least it was awkward for me because the whole day I avoided him and then I felt like he was doing the same to annoy me :(