Best Friend Zone

attackattack

Hi people,

Okay here is the situation I have been best friends with this girl since high school. When we first met, I did say I liked her but she said no she wants to be friends so we both moved passed that and continued to be close friends. But recently last summer (before uni) we were hanging out a lot and got a lot closer to a point where I started liking her again but these feelings were much stronger and I really didn't want to let this go.

Prior to that, a year after we meet back in high school, she met someone who she continues to have a relationship with but they kept breaking up and getting back together.

We now go to different universities and a couple months after I couldn't take it and it hurt a lot loving someone so much but knowing they only love me as a "friend". I've always liked her but haven't realized it until that summer. We keep in touch all the time, and she is comfortable with me too the point of holding each other during movies, hugging etc. BUT still looks at me as best friends.

So a couple months later I took her out and she told me how she is now single and just got out of that relationship. I thought it was my chance so i told her face to face how I liked her and wanted to be more than friends but she said she just got out of a relationship and was not looking for one :(

I accepted it, but fast forward to now couple months later I just couldnt take it so I told her over text that I can't talk her anymore because this wasn't going anywhere and that she hurt me. I told her i couldnt be her friend cause i dont want to continue to chase her knowing my feelings are hurting everytime i talk to her. she told me i meant a lot to her and she really wants to me stay as best friends

So, am i looking at this the right way in leaving a friendship cuz it continues to hurt me because she doesn't feel the same way. She keeps saying sorry to me for everything and wants things to back to normal but i cant let it go. We both know its gonno be really hard stop talking each other because we both cant think of living our lives without each other.

Sorry for the bad grammer, ANY help or thoughts u guys have would be really helpful

So a couple months later I took her out and she told me how she is now single and just got out of that relationship. I thought it was my chance so i told her face to face how I liked her and wanted to be more than friends but she said she just got out of a relationship and was not looking for one :(

Right now, she may or may not be telling the truth about it. If she gets together with another guy in the near future that means she was lying to you.

Odds are it would really hurt if she got with another guy.

How long has she been single for?

• Author

They broke up but their still hanging out. theres a chance their back together again or trying to be friends, I'm not too sure what the situation is.

about 3 months

If he is still involved in her life then you absolutely do not want to get involved in that.

so what do you supposed i do?

Keep your distance from her until the two of them work things out.

You need to let your feelings for her fade and that won't happen if you keep seeing her.