Advice needed regarding a future girlfriend

Muzickrox14

Hi, I have a situation going on regarding a friend, and I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

I've known this girl for at least three years, and I've had feelings for her pretty much as long as I can remember. Two years ago, I wrote a song for her-but the only reason she never got to hear it was because my last relationship started shortly after it was finished (It turned out to be a really bad experience as it was emotionally abusive and really started dragging me down toward the end). But now that we've finally split, I got the song professionally recorded, and she finally got to hear the masterpiece which she herself inspired (I even sent it to her best friend first to make sure it was good enough to be sent, and she gave me the "ok" to do it). She really appreciated it, but now it turns out SHE just started seeing someone else. Horrible timing, right? :rolleyes:

Since I've waited this long for this time to come, is it still worth telling her how I feel? I don't want to come across as "desperate", but I do want her to keep me in mind and remember me if/when things don't work out with the guy she's seeing right now. She's pretty much my dream woman and I know we would make a great couple being we're both very musical and have almost everything in common. I really don't want to see this as the "end of the road", and I'd like to know that we may still have a chance of being together as time goes on. I'm playing a big Beatles concert soon, and I've invited both her and her friend to go with front row tickets (plus back stage passes) on me-so I think this would be a good start as far as getting more on her good side.

Any advice regarding this would greatly be appreciated-thanks for reading! :)

Edited by Muzickrox14
Changed title

How serious is her new relationship? If they're calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend, I think you should leave it alone and not interfere in her new relationship.

Edit: Also you should probably stop referring to her as your "future girlfriend." It's inaccurate.

• Author

Right, my apologies if I worded things improperly-I was really tired when I wrote this post and things tend to get the best of me when I'm awake for too long. :laugh:

I don't think it's too serious yet-but when I talked to her, I was very relaxed about it and I don't plan on going overboard if I feel like I'm just bothering her. After a good rest, I feel better about things now, and I'm willing to let time and patience work things on their own.