Will this girl think I am trying to flirt with her if I talk to her on Valentine's Da

there is a girl I worked with in a class in college.

My class ended a few months ago but I saw her around campus when I was going to meet up with a friend recently and chatted with her

I am not trying to get with her, I think she has a boyfriend.

I am going to be in the same place she is in on February 14 in the campus, I want to go and say hi to her and chat but I am scared because since it is Valentine's Day she might think I am trying to flirt with her or something. Should I decide to just avoid her then? It's honestly a complete coincidence it is Valentine's Day and I am kind of mad it ended up this way. I am just so scared she will think I am trying to flirt with her and she will hate me

Edited by grim22

Women don't hate you because you flirt with them. If you are inappropriate, over the top & don't take no for an answer, then they hate you.

Be cordial & it will be fine. The fact that it's Valentine's Day doesn't matter. It's still just Friday. Don't mention the holiday & it will all be fine.

I don't celebrate Valentines Day, yet this post made me Happy!!!

Why you might ask???

Well, this fell'r just made me feel special on this upcoming valentines day!

When no guy comes near me that day ( like every other day), I can say...Awww...they are staying away because its Valentines Day! How gentlemanly of them ! ( Otherwise they would all come over and talk to me!).

There ..I said it, and I'm sticking to this lie like mud on a jeep :)

To the OP- Seriously Be appreciative of your friends every day, talk with her if you care too .

While I don't think the day of the year matters at all, I am now going to advise YOU not to talk to her on V-day. Something about this bothers you & it will show through in your interactions with her. She will find that -- your odd behavior because you're wigged out about Valentine's Day -- creepy.

That said, if you can get yourself under control, talk to her.

I don't understand why you think this is a big deal. Were you planning on hitting on her? We're you planning to discuss sex with her? Or were you just gonna say Hi How have you been?

Talking & flirting are vastly different behaviors. If all you want to do is talk & your intentions are pure, what is the big deal? Part of me is now starting to wonder if you like her more than as a friend & don't trust yourself not to be inappropriate.

• Author

of course I had a crush on her. She was older and very appealing to me. But she has a boyfriend so I am not even attempting to try anything. That's the point, I don't want her to think that I am thus possibly ruining the way she thinks of me. She is one of the few girls that ever talked to me willingly

I am thinking maybe one good way of talking to her is to have my phone out and glance at it while talking, someone who is trying to come on I doubt would do that.