She's cheating!!

Mr. Burned

Someone help! I just found out that my girlfriend of two and a half years is cheating on me with someone at work! What's worse is that she works out of town. I see her maybe once a month. She tells me it only happened once and that it will never happen again. I don't know whether to believe her or not. It just hurts like crazy because I'm stuck here in our apartment and everything I look at reminds me of her and it is driving me crazy. What should I do?? Should I trust her?? How do I get through this?

If She Would Have Been Faithful--by Chicago:

I was thinking about her

Visiting the past

Reconstructing details with old photographs

I was studying the faces

With an objective point of view

Suddenly remembering doesn't haunt me

At the time you couldn't tell me

That one day I'd be glad

That something that I thought was love was misinterpreted

She had another lover, she emphatically denied

But they were doin' me a favor

A blessing in disguise

If she would have been faithful

If she could have been true

Then I would've been cheated

I would never know real love

I would've missed out on you

I watch you sleeping, your body touchin' me

There's no doubt about it

This is where I want to be

You know it's so ironic, I had to lose to win

I want to thank her, thank her again and again

It's a paradox, full of contradiction

How I got from there to here

It defies a logical explanation

Missed out on you...

~~~~~

Mr. Burned,

When the person you love--the one person closest to you--betrays your trust and cheats on you, she does not deserve any more of your time and effort. She is simply not worth it. If she did it once, chances are she'll do it again.

By the way, how did you find out? Did you suspect something and voice your concerns and/or catch her? If so, I'm 99% sure it happened more than once. It's up to you. If you feel you can trust her again, I wish you the best of luck.

Either way, it looks like she's not worthy of you, and one day you will find "the one" for you. And when you do, you will thank this girl for being unfaithful, just like the song above.

I certainly would not trust her any longer. As Sparkle noted, chances are she didn't cheat on you just once. Although it does not matter, since once is enough to do justice. I wouldn't take her word any longer. I would also break from her.

This all might seem extreme, but I think it is reasonable. You want to trust her? What can you trust, though? You can trust a flawed foundation, one which has been broken, cheated and neglected. It is definetely not sturdy, and you are bound to fall off and/or crumble.

Break it off with her. Sure, it may be hard, but what kind of woman cheats on her man, no matter how long they have been going out for! She is not worth you time, your pain, or anything. I have to agree with Sparkle - someday you will be thankful this girl cheated on you, as you will find the "one" - I know I did.

I was used by a woman a little over a year ago, and had that not happened, I wouldn't of met my current girlfriend, whom I am 100% committed and madly in love, and will be getting married to! The thing is, people rarely see the bright side to it all. Sure, you may go through intense suffering, but in the end, it is for a greater good. You will find another woman, a woman who will treat you right and will not take advantage of your life.

Let this girl go. She let you go by cheating, so why hold on? It's a long, dreadful and ultimately not-worth-it ride.

Someone help! I just found out that my girlfriend of two and a half years is cheating on me with someone at work! What's worse is that she works out of town. I see her maybe once a month. She tells me it only happened once and that it will never happen again. I don't know whether to believe her or not. It just hurts like crazy because I'm stuck here in our apartment and everything I look at reminds me of her and it is driving me crazy. What should I do?? Should I trust her?? How do I get through this?

It's very important that you not see or talk to her for a while. You're not in a healthy frame of mind right now, and you need some time to collect your thoughts. You should consider moving out for a while, away from that apartment. Once you've calmed down a bit, you're in a better position to make the decisions you have to make.

I recently got out of a relationship where I was cheated on adn took a very long time to get over that. Its been five months and one relationship later adn I am still coping with different emotions. But reading that song really touched me and had a theraputic effect instantlt for me. I never really though about someone cheating on you in that way-thanking them. Thank you, I feel a lot better!

If She Would Have Been Faithful--by Chicago:

I was thinking about her Visiting the past Reconstructing details with old photographs

I was studying the faces With an objective point of view Suddenly remembering doesn't haunt me At the time you couldn't tell me That one day I'd be glad That something that I thought was love was misinterpreted She had another lover, she emphatically denied

But they were doin' me a favor A blessing in disguise If she would have been faithful If she could have been true Then I would've been cheated I would never know real love I would've missed out on you I watch you sleeping, your body touchin' me There's no doubt about it This is where I want to be You know it's so ironic, I had to lose to win I want to thank her, thank her again and again If she would have been faithful If she could have been true Then I would've been cheated I would never know real love I would've missed out on you It's a paradox, full of contradiction How I got from there to here It defies a logical explanation If she would have been faithful If she could have been true Then I would've been cheated I would never know real love I would've missed out on you Missed out on you... ~~~~~ Mr. Burned, When the person you love--the one person closest to you--betrays your trust and cheats on you, she does not deserve any more of your time and effort. She is simply not worth it. If she did it once, chances are she'll do it again.

By the way, how did you find out? Did you suspect something and voice your concerns and/or catch her? If so, I'm 99% sure it happened more than once. It's up to you. If you feel you can trust her again, I wish you the best of luck.

Either way, it looks like she's not worthy of you, and one day you will find "the one" for you. And when you do, you will thank this girl for being unfaithful, just like the song above.