Why did this girl dropped a hint to propose her and when I did, why she reacted this?

Hi all.. I need all of u to peek into my crisis.

I have been friends with a girl, a bff type. I many times indirectly told her how much i liked her.

One evening, it was just two of us sitting, n in course of the talking, I told her, in a funny way, how much am interested to share my future with her. Then she replied funnily that y should she marry me and flirtily asked what reasons do I have to prove her that am her worth.

I got a lil angry at her when she asked me to show the reasons so i acted a little angry with her and said to her "Do you need reasons to marry me?". So then to pacify me she said how can she share her future with me without any "proposal"

I didnt say anything to her at that time. After a two weeks time, I took her to a candle-light dinner, and then proposed her. She didnt tell anything. For about one week we were normal and once she said that she wants to stay closer to me. I was on cloud NINE. The next day she discussed with me and told her that she likes me but she doesnt love me. After few days, while discussing, she said it just didnt click with me for her. I was taken aback by her response

I want to know why in the hell did she dropped the hint to propose her and why was she close with me for one week and then why she rejected me?

I later asked her once why she wanted me to propose her and she replied that she wanted to see if I was really serious about her and she needed a confirmation about my feelings. :(

SHE RAISED MY HOPES AND THEN SIMPLY REJECTED ME

Boss you will be shocked to no that this is the same case with me also. You can confirm this by my last post on the forum.

Any way that much I had realised in my case there can b a lot of reasons of her this kind of ****ty behaviour but some of them are:

1) She might be confused b/w u and her ex.

2) She might not got really prepared.

3) She just wanted to be flirty with u.

4) She is in the wrong impression of yours created by any common character b/w u both.

Now the choice is yours. Either u can wait for her her to change her mind, or u can change urself.

But what I m supposing to do is that I will give plenty of time to think about yhe various possobilities. If she turn up its ok but if she does'nt then I will meet her and make her count the things and reasons for my proposal and her signs of showing interests in me.

But u dont need to copy me. I just want to make u clear the situation. First u analyse yourself and then move forward. Cut all the links with her, and then in this time u must get prepared for do or die.

You weren't even in a relationship...i'm not surprised she said no. :|

She was just flirting, and well, you should of asked her for a relationship first, not to get married, you skipped some steps...idk maybe i got it all wrong.

• Like 1

She was just flirting, and well, you should of asked her for a relationship first, not to get married, you skipped some steps...idk maybe i got it all wrong.

No, you got it real right.

Nobody goes from "friend" to "engaged" unless there's a scam involved. Why would any Guy even consider marriage without a sufficient time to judge how their intended is going to act within the context of a relationship? An intimate relationship.

She wasn't giving OP a hint to propose to her, she was giving him a hint to Man up. Asking someone why they should require a reason to consider them as marriage worthy? Not a good look at all. The right thing to have done would be to extend an invitation to a road trip or some other overnight activity and let her decide what she wants to do with you. Running out and buying a ring was a little bit over-the-top.

• Like 1
  • Author

I didnt propose her to marry me.. I said her that i love her.

• Author
No, you got it real right.

Nobody goes from "friend" to "engaged" unless there's a scam involved. Why would any Guy even consider marriage without a sufficient time to judge how their intended is going to act within the context of a relationship? An intimate relationship.

She wasn't giving OP a hint to propose to her, she was giving him a hint to Man up. Asking someone why they should require a reason to consider them as marriage worthy? Not a good look at all. The right thing to have done would be to extend an invitation to a road trip or some other overnight activity and let her decide what she wants to do with you. Running out and buying a ring was a little bit over-the-top.

i didnt do it the way u described it.. I asked her to be my girlfriend. We did date but we didnt share i love u to each other till then and we were not officially bf-gf.. so i confessed her that i love her

• Author
Boss you will be shocked to no that this is the same case with me also. You can confirm this by my last post on the forum.

Any way that much I had realised in my case there can b a lot of reasons of her this kind of ****ty behaviour but some of them are:

4) She is in the wrong impression of yours created by any common character b/w u both.

Now the choice is yours. Either u can wait for her her to change her mind, or u can change urself.

But what I m supposing to do is that I will give plenty of time to think about yhe various possobilities. If she turn up its ok but if she does'nt then I will meet her and make her count the things and reasons for my proposal and her signs of showing interests in me.

But u dont need to copy me. I just want to make u clear the situation. First u analyse yourself and then move forward. Cut all the links with her, and then in this time u must get prepared for do or die.

Dude.. ur case is same as mine in some respect.. let me see the reasons that you gave.

Her ex got married to some other girl. So she is not confused between us. SHe has no option but to move forward

This mi8 be the case in mine. Coz she is not yet out of her past completely. So she may not be prepared ri8 now

Chances are less for this option as if she was really flirty with me, then she would not have spent a week really closer with me even after i confessed her.

4) She is in the wrong impression of yours created by any common character b/w u both

There are no much similarities bewteen us. We are very different form each other

Eliminating the unsuitable options, it brings me that she is not ready yet and really really confused. I need opinion of urs if i am ri8.

Will try to answer ur question. Thanks for ur reply :)

Dude.. ur case is same as mine in some respect.. let me see the reasons that you gave.

Her ex got married to some other girl. So she is not confused between us. SHe has no option but to move forward

This mi8 be the case in mine. Coz she is not yet out of her past completely. So she may not be prepared ri8 now

Chances are less for this option as if she was really flirty with me, then she would not have spent a week really closer with me even after i confessed her.

4) She is in the wrong impression of yours created by any common character b/w u both

There are no much similarities bewteen us. We are very different form each other

Eliminating the unsuitable options, it brings me that she is not ready yet and really really confused. I need opinion of urs if i am ri8.

Will try to answer ur question. Thanks for ur reply :)

Thanks for the clearifications but I m not trying to say that there is something b/w u both got misunderstood. What m trying to say that is there any person present who is making your impression in front of her.

Now as u told me the reason you must catch her spent a bit of time with her and make her realise that how much u love her and the most importantly u should give her some solid reasons that why should she accept ur proposal of being in a relationship.