More than friends with brother's best friends..... !

Hi,

Here goes notjing. Im a 27 year old female who has been best friends with a guy for over five years. I know him since i was 12 but got close to him in the last five years or so. He happens to be my elde brothers best friend. Over the past year, our friendship has taken a turn..... We have become more possessive about each other, we keep shooting down potentials for each other, we talk for hours at a stretch on video chat since we are in two different continents for the past four years.we share everything with each other.

Now the problem is that i dont know where we stand as of now. In our society where i come from, girls never make the first move so i cannot confront him about our situation.last month i visited the country hes in and flew into his city to meet him...i was staying over at his place for a week....while nothing happened, there were times when he would just hold my hand while pretending to check if my hands were cold, or would ask me to give him a manicure and in the process wed be holding hands for hours. Please bear in mind that culturally this is a big thing for us since there is hardly any physical contavt allowed between friends of the opp sex.

However he didnt say anything to me about where we stand. Since we were kids hes beean calling be his sis, and i guess he fears that i might judge him if he makes a move. What should i do? Am i reading too much into it and we,re just friends n if not then how should i get him to confess.

Hopelessly confused.

Hi,

Here goes notjing. Im a 27 year old female who has been best friends with a guy for over five years. I know him since i was 12 but got close to him in the last five years or so. He happens to be my elde brothers best friend. Over the past year, our friendship has taken a turn..... We have become more possessive about each other, we keep shooting down potentials for each other, we talk for hours at a stretch on video chat since we are in two different continents for the past four years.we share everything with each other.

Now the problem is that i dont know where we stand as of now. In our society where i come from, girls never make the first move so i cannot confront him about our situation.last month i visited the country hes in and flew into his city to meet him...i was staying over at his place for a week....while nothing happened, there were times when he would just hold my hand while pretending to check if my hands were cold, or would ask me to give him a manicure and in the process wed be holding hands for hours. Please bear in mind that culturally this is a big thing for us since there is hardly any physical contavt allowed between friends of the opp sex.

However he didnt say anything to me about where we stand. Since we were kids hes beean calling be his sis, and i guess he fears that i might judge him if he makes a move. What should i do? Am i reading too much into it and we,re just friends n if not then how should i get him to confess.

Hopelessly confused.

There is potential to create bad feelings all around. Let this go.

• Author

I would also like to add that when i told him someone asked me out.....he got sooooo upset and kept on shooting that guy down.i asked him what his problem was, and he told me he doesnt like sharing me with anyone.....ive never been in a relationship n neither has he. Our mutual friends think we,ve been secretly seeing each other for years and are in a long distance relationship but hrs not said anything n neither have i to each other.

P.s. He stays online on skype every night till i fall asleepnhes virtually put me to bed.

• 2 weeks later...