Married woman spending too much time with (mostly) single friends

• Author
If her husband is a gigging musician, he's very likely cheating. And I am saying that from a position of knowledge, having in the past worked around many musicians.

This could be something she does because she's lonely or to keep him on his toes, you know. There certainly are married women who go out alone and hang with friends and don't cheat and some that do cheat. I have a friend who hangs out when she has a chance (kids) and he can't say a thing because he goes to strip bars.

I was in a paranormal group where there was a married guy there nearly always without the wife and then a married woman joined and never brought her husband. It was obvious those two were having an affair. Then on an overnight trip with the group, she did bring her husband and the married lover made a scene and got temporarily kicked out of the group.

I never get why married people stay married if they want to cheat. It's unnecessary. But I do know married women who go out but don't cheat. They may be tempted, of course.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I imagine that whole musician thing can be a strain.

Recently, I noticed she changed her last name to something else on Facebook. So that speaks volumes right there.

thecrucible
Recently, I noticed she changed her last name to something else on Facebook. So that speaks volumes right there.

Really? I did that for privacy reasons. Is it such a bad thing?

No. Privacy is a good reason. I also know people who don't take Facebook seriously, and put up completely fictitious names. One uses the middle name 'muh***in'.

We need to get away from thinking that Facebook is some sort of bible or almanac.

• Author

How can changing it to her maiden name keep things private...in fact, I know some people probably do that in order to get old high school or college friends to get a hold of them.

We need to get away from thinking that Facebook is some sort of bible or almanac.

When FB or social media got its start, you'd think so...but now even employers are using Facebook as a reference to look applicants up. In fact, some employers require that you provide your Facebook information or a means when which you could be found on the internet. So welcome to 2014. LOL