Worth risk?

Hello

I don't know how to write what I want to say or ask.

I am a 30yo British man. Poor social life, lonely, alienated. Met a woman under unusual circumstances Sept. last year. Supposedly as friends. Went out 3 times, my arrangements, all day, activities, drinks, dinner - felt like dates but nobody used that word. Found early on she was uncomfortable with physical contact and didn't like compliments - highly idiosyncratic, strangest women I ever met, possibly autism spectrum, nevertheless I decided she wasn't interested and was OK with that as I'm so lonely it didn't matter.

It matters now. Too much eye gazing, smiles and heavy conversation. Fell in love a bit. Thinking - what's she doing seeing me like this if not more to it? Perhaps non-mainstream psychology causing originally apparent signs of disinterest, wrongly interpreted? She went off radar for a couple months this year but I see her again in a week. Must think of way to tell her how I feel that won't push her away if I was right the first time about her disinterest.

Possible? Impossible, requiring my heartbreak and loss of only lady friend and her ill feeling? Story told above revealed to you I am a dumbass? Please give me your input.

What's wrong with you? Why would you use such a username ?

Go on the date , try to be friendly, look her in her eyes and try not to freak her out.

• Author

Username? I wanted to use Shetland, my place of birth, but someone had taken it. What's wrong with it? Thanks for your advice anyway, but that is what I've already been doing. We still haven't called them "dates". I figure the only thing I can do is tell her I like her, why, and let her react. If she really just wants to be friends it shouldn't bother her, right? And if it does, that has to be down to some problem of hers I can't help, or be aware of.