Messaged each other back and forth for a year

lesmiserable2168

lesmiserable2168

This guy and I have been messaging each other everyday for around a year. We met through a friend last year and I only saw him maybe 7 times in person (2 times were a date). We have nothing in common apart from the fact we both share a common friend and we like this band. He is in a different major than I am and because of our campus we can never bump into each other.

We have been fb messaging each other for a year. When I have trouble, he would analyze the problem and give me feedback. He would let me know where he is and what he is doing. When I was away for nearly 4 months last summer, he would still message me. But this doesn't happen all the time, sometimes he would reply coldly with a "lol" or "that's cool".

As I have said we went on 2 dates: coffee date and movie date. None of which he paid for mine but he did plan it. But the movie date...i have a feeling its because i had something to give him.

I don't know what i should do with the relationship. Sometimes I think I like him but sometimes I don't as I don't see him often and that his replies are so cold. The reason because i don't want to take it to the next stage is because i'm not sure if I like him. But I'm not sure what he's thinking as well.

Do you think I should give up? Or any advice on what I should do? If you said I should give up, please suggest anything that will help to keep my mind off of it.

I should mention that he works and a student. He's working on an engineering project.

My biggest concern is the fact that you are still unsure, after a year, if you like him or not.

He asked you out but never paid for it... red flag.

Stop wasting time on this guy and focus on finding someone who really is into you and asks you out and all....

pickflicker
This guy and I have been messaging each other everyday for around a year. We met through a friend last year and I only saw him maybe 7 times in person (2 times were a date). We have nothing in common apart from the fact we both share a common friend and we like this band. He is in a different major than I am and because of our campus we can never bump into each other.

We have been fb messaging each other for a year. When I have trouble, he would analyze the problem and give me feedback. He would let me know where he is and what he is doing. When I was away for nearly 4 months last summer, he would still message me. But this doesn't happen all the time, sometimes he would reply coldly with a "lol" or "that's cool".

As I have said we went on 2 dates: coffee date and movie date. None of which he paid for mine but he did plan it. But the movie date...i have a feeling its because i had something to give him.

I don't know what i should do with the relationship. Sometimes I think I like him but sometimes I don't as I don't see him often and that his replies are so cold. The reason because i don't want to take it to the next stage is because i'm not sure if I like him. But I'm not sure what he's thinking as well.

Do you think I should give up? Or any advice on what I should do? If you said I should give up, please suggest anything that will help to keep my mind off of it.

I should mention that he works and a student. He's working on an engineering project.

Yes. Delete him from FB, and go out and meet other people. Join new social groups, develop new hobbies, online date - just don't spend a year chatting to someone who can't be bothered to make a move on you.

You're on the same campus. If he was really into you, he'd still be taking you out, not just politely texting.

TreasuredLove

Best advice I can give you, cut the ties. If he was interested in a relationship with you, he would pursue you. Since he is not, then you must do what is best for you.

Notice all the YOU's I have put in that one paragraph?