Is there a spark with a first kiss?

someonespecial

I have been on several dates and I have had two first kisses with two different guys. There was no spark for me for each of those first kisses. As I result I told them each that I think that we are good as friends but the connection is just not there.

Am I not giving them the chance? I think that a first kiss should have some kind of passion/spark. Am I wrong?

I have been on several dates and I have had two first kisses with two different guys. There was no spark for me for each of those first kisses. As I result I told them each that I think that we are good as friends but the connection is just not there.

Am I not giving them the chance? I think that a first kiss should have some kind of passion/spark. Am I wrong?

Yes, you could be. Sometimes, especially when you first start dating, either nerves or caution gets in the way of the spark.

If you find the guy attractive, and if he is nice and you like what you know of him, then give him a better chance.

What I'd probably recommend for you is to not go in for the first kiss so quickly. Tell the next guy you date that you want to move slowly and that you like to get to know someone a little before anything physical happens. See how you feel after you go on several dates without kissing... your body will let you know if it WANTS to kiss him or not, trust me.

• Like 1
Happyinlife222

When I was single I tried to maintain no kissing on the first date. I think men respect you more if you do that, plus it sends a message that you are a woman who isn't in a rush to get intimate, being that there are so many slutty women out there. It makes them trust you more and you can determine if they are really into you. I once had a really passionate kiss on the first date and boy oh boy things got really hot by the 3rd date. I felt it was okay by then, but after that first kiss all we could think of was sleeping together.The relationship never really got past the lust stage, and I never really had his heart, so after 6 months I got frustrated with his lack emotion for me and broke it off.Great sex can only go so far when the feelings aren't developing.

You may need to wait till the second or third date to determine if there is no chemistry and to give him time to develop more of an emotional connection to you-which is ultimately what makes a woman fall in love with a man.

I like to get a nice tongue kiss on the first date if we're both feeling it ;) (but I'm a firm believer in no sex until exclusivity). Nothing wrong with kissing IMO as long as it goes no further and you know where to draw the line.

Kissing let's me know that's there's a mutual attraction and if I feel the following : butterflies/stomach knots/my undies get wet.....HUGE plusses. This happened with my current BF on our first date.

seekingpeaceinlove

I felt a spark with the first kiss in all of my relationships. With a few of them the feeling was so overwhelming it literally took my breath away. :)

For me: no spark = friendzone

• Author
someonespecial

With each of the first kisses I waited until the 2nd or third date. It was just an awkward feeling for me, no spark. I was just wondering if the spark takes time. (after several kisses)

There should be a spark. Every time I've felt it, its been enough for me stop kissing her, pull back slightly, and say aloud " wow " .

It should definitely trigger something .