Church Flirting

I really like this girl at church and I haven't stopped thinking about her. I don't have much experience asking girls out but I want to see if she likes me. We know each other but I'm imagining something frightful asking a girl out in church. I know there's a way to be go about this without degrading my Christian beliefs. I just don't know what it is yet.

as long as it is afterwards, not during the service. and she is not married or a nun.... i do not see a problem.

but i guess it depends on the church and the rigidness of some members.

My fiance' and I met at church. Her parents were the youth leaders, and we were in the youth group. :)

There is no trick. You ask. She says yes, she says no... there really is no wierdness involved. Just make sure she is aware that you would just be interested in getting to know her better. It's not like you have to propose to the girl. I say go for it!

I don't see any problem with this. Just take her aside privately after the service. Besides, the congregation usually look fairly highly on dating within the Church.

• Author

I got her number. She actually initiated the conversation.We talked a long time. I almost forgot to get the number. Someone interupted us and I waited a sec til they finished and then asked her. I didnt make any plans cuz she went back to school yesterday so I need to find a good time to call her.

Originally posted by dyermaker

Never ask a girl out during church.

There's always after.

Isn't this part of the reason why there are youth groups at church? To meet new people. I don't see nothing wrong with it.

I can't imagine a more ideal place to meet someone and from where to date them.

SOunds like you're on a great track.

Can't wait to hear more.

• Author

Since she goes to school out of town how should I go about building the friendship. I don't want to bother her because I know she is working hard at school and has a part-time job.

Well, since she gave you her phone number, why don't you phone her?

You won't be bugging her since she gave you her number. And probably because you're interesting and she finds you that way too.

Just start off by being telephone friends. You can even say that.

Hey, you've got nothing to lose right? You sound like a respectful person, and I can't see how respectfully asking a fellow church goer out on a date after the service would be inappropriate or degrade your beliefs. I don't think the heavens will open up and the big guy will smote your ass for it, anyways.

It all depends on how far away she lives. If you can drive up to see her for a day, calling her and suggesting a meeting could be appropriate.

Originally posted by dyermaker

Never ask a girl out during church.

Good point, that could get awkward

Bishop: And now, let us bow our heads in prayer.

*church is totally silent except for one guy whispering*

Guy: Psst, Cheryl. Will you go out with me?

Yeah, that would be awkward