trying not to be too available

JustAGirl

Hey !

Following tony's advice, i've been trying to be less available to my bf in the past weeks (kinda hard sicne we're at the same university)... anyway, today i changed my routine a bit & he couldn't find me for like an hour.. caused total panic, he was running around all the places i usually go to looking (at least he says he was)... and he's kinda mad at me for "not being willing to see him" & saying he's depressed cuz of me tonight, etc... - putting up a monkey fight... - is this a normal reaction since he is not rlly used to not finding me in classes that we have together?... I have no problem changing my routine and all, but i dont want this discussion every time... will he just get used to my reduced availability?

he also keeps saying "what u give is what u get" ... saying that if i'm not good to him he has less motivation to be good to me, i guess...

what dya say guys?

You are supposed to do this challenge thing without a guy realizing you are doing it.

When he finally found you, you were supposed to just be calm and let him know you went here or there or whatever. This love stuff is about being very cool, calm and natural.

You did get a rise out of him. Yes, he is used to you being right there for him. He is learning quick he can't take you for granted. And the experiment worked. But you also need to stop being so available for dates as well. Some nights, make plans with friends or go shopping with a group or by yourself and don't invite him.

If this guy becomes a real sissy, drop him. Any guy who needs to be pathetically attached to his girlfriend as a condition of the relationship is chronically immature, insecure, and has other problems as well.

Now, be available for three or four days...and then pull something else off...and be cool about it.

I don't know why I have to give directions for doing this. I used to be so natural at it it was pathetic. Being coy is such an easy thing to do. Practice and you'll get good at it. Just don't let him know that's what you're doing.

Gotcha =)

Weekends are no problem - he's always upset with me going out with others instead of him... although we have a date every week or two, usually a long one too...

It's natural for me too by the way - with guys I don't like too much, that is... I rlly like this one and since i'm also used to this routine i have to force myself out of it. I rlly do though. So thanks for your advice =)