Why is he mad at me?

My boyfriend told me he will talk to me tomorrow he just wants to think after i told him i slept with someone a while ago and didnt mention it earlier. Yet on the weekend in his bed he said hes slept with so many woman and i said you told me only five and the look on his face i could tell he was guilty of sleeping with more then he originally told me.

Why is he mad he basically did the same thing

P.S we never cheated on each other these sexual partners where in the past

My boyfriend told me he will talk to me tomorrow he just wants to think after i told him i slept with someone a while ago and didnt mention it earlier. Yet on the weekend in his bed he said hes slept with so many woman and i said you told me only five and the look on his face i could tell he was guilty of sleeping with more then he originally told me.

Why is he mad he basically did the same thing

P.S we never cheated on each other these sexual partners where in the past

Guess what? Men are different than women - especially about sex. The next time you start dating a guy and he asks how many guys you've had sex with, LIE! LIE! I don't know how old you are but you seem young - maybe early 20's? No matter how many guy's you've done, tell him you are really shy and a late bloomer and all that crap and never tell him a number larger than 2 or 3. If you are still in your teens then never say more than 1. Lying is much better than refusing to say anything because he will think you are a slut and afraid to tell him for real. You will probably think "it shouldn't matter" but realize that it does. Lie.

• Like 1
Guess what? Men are different than women - especially about sex. The next time you start dating a guy and he asks how many guys you've had sex with, LIE! LIE! I don't know how old you are but you seem young - maybe early 20's? No matter how many guy's you've done, tell him you are really shy and a late bloomer and all that crap and never tell him a number larger than 2 or 3. If you are still in your teens then never say more than 1. Lying is much better than refusing to say anything because he will think you are a slut and afraid to tell him for real. You will probably think "it shouldn't matter" but realize that it does. Lie.

Ermm it's the 21st century, friend. Women are allowed to sleep around as much as men are these days. Hell, it's expected even.

Starting a relationship by lying? No thanks. I think most people care more about honesty than past sexual experience in relationships.

It seems like the classic double standard between women and men regarding sexual integrity. If he can't calm down quickly and apologise for lying himself, then this would raise some red flags for me. Good luck! I hope you two manage to sort this out! :)

dragon_fly_7
Yes, OP either do this or simply walk away from a guy that insists too much on the ''How many'' question.

I actually gave the information voluntarily without being asked to my then bf about being a virgin (I was) and though to most young guys that's a bonus, he didn't say anything and changed the topic. A couple years later it was when I was told that initially he didn't believe me when I first said it but was thrilled when it was indeed true. I was 3 months shy of turning 20 when I lost it. Don't get why many men think it's also rare finding a virgin or low count woman past age 18 aka HS graduation.

So basically nowadays they won't even believe that virgin or ''Only been with 2, 3'' story either at the beginning, even if it were truth.

Like another poster mentioned, this is a double standard that simply will never go away. A man can choose to either sleep around or be a low count guy too and nothing happens to him. A woman can only be low count in order to be in a meaningful relationship even if the guy himself is a total hypocrite. Needless to say I don't like those men either.

Edited by dragon_fly_7
Ermm it's the 21st century, friend. Women are allowed to sleep around as much as men are these days. Hell, it's expected even.

Starting a relationship by lying? No thanks. I think most people care more about honesty than past sexual experience in relationships.

Ermm, there's the way things ought to be and there's the way things are. Take your pick; would you rather be happy or right?

Oh, because even though it's 2014, over 50 years since the advent of birth control, a LOT of men are still judgy about women doing the same thing they do. If you keep running into this, you need to switch crowds to one where people accept you for who you are and aren't male ho's who've mounted and discarded as many women as they could but plan on only marrying a near-virginal mild sexually disinterested woman who reminds them of their mothers.

• Like 2
Ermm, there's the way things ought to be and there's the way things are. Take your pick; would you rather be happy or right?

I'd rather be in a relationship where I'm not getting lied to...

• Like 1
It seems like the classic double standard between women and men regarding sexual integrity. If he can't calm down quickly and apologise for lying himself, then this would raise some red flags for me. Good luck! I hope you two manage to sort this out! :)

Women are usually the ones that have their choice of having sex with someone. Men are the ones that have to put the work in and don't have their pick of options like women do.