Did he stop pursuing me because I'm a bad kisser?

Cafe au lait

Alright, so this episode happened a while ago, back in February, but I'm curious because I'm paranoid that I'm a terrible kisser or something.

I'm a college freshman girl that joined a club during the beginning of the academic year, and we travel to competitions at other universities. There's a sophomore guy also in my club at college, and he randomly introduced himself to me when I was walking on the sidewalk and he heard someone say my name (he recognized my name from the club roster). We didn't interact too much after that, just saying hi and being friendly, until our first competition in November. It seemed like he was interested in me; for example, he wanted to spend the afternoon in the city together. I sort of laughed it off, and again, we didn't talk more than superficially until our next competition in February. He started making moves on me again, and a few of us team members decided to watch a movie late Saturday night in my hotel room. Well, he managed to get rid of people until it ended up being me, him, and 2 of our sleeping teammates in the other bed in his room. The movie finished, and he suggested watching another movie until it hit ~2:30 AM, at which point we should probably sleep. I agreed. With the audio of the movie loudly playing, we made out a couple times, felt each other up a bit, but clothes never came off. Then I asked him to check the time, it was 2:30, so I left for my own room.

It wasn't awkward the next day, we had both won awards and were happy for each other. A couple days later, I messaged him on fb for the first time, we chatted for a long time, and he suggested hanging out sometime. After that, I didn't see or hear from him until a couple weeks ago, and we had a couple kinda awkward conversations. He was super nice just a week ago, but he was running for VP of the club. :p All of this was very platonic.

Basically, I was never able to figure out why he never followed up after that night. We didn't get very far because we were limited by having other people in the room, but I'm surprised he didn't suggest a hookup sometime after the competition. We go to the same college and live in nearby dorms. Was I a terrible kisser and that turned him off?? I've only kissed like 5 guys, and one did tell me to "relax my teeth," ha!

Or else why did he never follow up?

StalwartMind

Nonsense! Everyone would love someone whom isn't the best kisser, just gives you both even more reason to "practice". Perhaps that's just my lighthearted nature but even so, there really is no way to tell what he is thinking.

The best way to find out what someone think, is by asking them. Unfortunately a lot of humans have a tendency to be vague, avoid or not give a very satisfying answer. There could be a billion reasons why someone dodges a question/situation, but that doesn't mean they do it for negative reasons.

Approach the situation in whichever way is most comfortable to you, you'll get an answer one way or another. I get that people love that there is a bit of mystique about a person, but truthfully everything is a lot easier if people could just be more straightforward about how they feel and what they think.

Best of luck coffee with milk

• Like 2