Unrequited love? She talks to me in person but no longer texts, or talks online

She just doesn't care and she's not putting nearly as much thought into it as you are. She's not engaging but she's being polite when she runs into you. She knows you have a thing for her and she wants to take no chances you'll screw up her relationship.

Where are you seeing her? It's not a date, so you're going somewhere you know you'll see her.

Edited by preraph
  • Author
She just doesn't care and she's not putting nearly as much thought into it as you are. She's not engaging but she's being polite when she runs into you. Where are you seeing her? It's not a date, so you're going somewhere you know you'll see her.

Well she lives about 2 miles from my house so we just run into each other sometimes. I also see her at a couple of clubs and bars sometimes too because her and my GF share some similar interests in music, although I have stayed away from one place that I know she goes to.

So how come when I ignore her then she makes an effort to be noticed by me? For instance one night I knew she was at the same place as me and I deliberately made no eye contact whatsoever or acknowledged her at all, yet she comes right up to my face to make her presence known? And my GF (who was with me) actually openly said to me 'she's flirting with you I saw her'. My GF then went mad and started blaming me when I did nothing wrong because I ignored her the whole time until she came to my face!

So do you suggest I just ignore her completely then when i see her and marry my GF? It's not a problem for me to ignore her in person. I can do that, but it's hard for me to ignore her in my head.

Edited by alpo

Sounds like she could be a little troublemaker. Maybe she prides herself on attracting you and other men and her doing that in front of your gf was just a narcissistic ego exercise for her. I'd say you'd be playing with fire to encourage her. If you're going to, break up with your gf first because that's just a nicer way to do things.

I can relate to this. There was a man that would flirt with me all the time when I ran into him in person and he would even kiss me on the lips but he would never respond to my texts or make time to hang out with me. I was really confused because I thought his behavior indicated that he liked me and every one who saw us always assumed he was my boyfriend because he would act possessive.

I would constantly obsess about why he was doing what he was doing in front of everyone but then when I was by myself I never heard or saw him. Eventually I tried to nudge it into something more but he wouldn't budge and for my own sanity I had to start avoiding where I was always running into him. It was really hard because I liked the attention from him and I wanted more but since I wasn't getting more, I took control and went no contact.

It took a while for him to notice I wasn't around anymore but I continued no contact and I was able to not think about him anymore and even now enough time has passed that I'm like what was I thinking liking that guy, he really isn't anything special.