Why does he talk about me to my dad?

Hey all! This guy I want to date is kinda strange. He talks to my dad about me, and I don't get that. My dad will tell me things here and there, like 'Jake said he's gonna come over and take you out' I was like 'huh?' Then another time where Jake told my dad that we have been dating for 4 months, and my dad seemed upset about it....when I told my dad it's a lie, my dad then said 'Oh yeah I knew it was a joke' when my dad seemed a little angry about it. Then my dad stopped using him for work cause that is how Jake was met through my dad cause my dad has his own business and hired him. Well he stopped using Jake cause I guess me and Jake got too close...

Then my dad will say things like 'Jake wants to go to a baseball game with all of us' 'Jake wants to take you out' Then my mom told me that Jake said to my dad that I was hot, and that he likes me. I think there is a lot more being said about me, but my dad just doesn't say it. He'll say little things here and there. I noticed though he kept a distance, but he still talks to Jake so I don't get it.

I just don't know why Jake goes to my dad and says that i'm hot and that he wants to take me out, but he doesn't ask me himself? We text and talk just not often, he more talks to my dad, What do you think about this? Would like to hear what you people think, cause I find it odd. thanks!

I think it's a little weird, unnatural.

It's one of those things you need to talk to him about and be clear. He's gonna be needing those clear signs that you're uncomfortable with it.

shinealight

That does seem strange to me that he would go to his dad and tell him that you are hot and not tell him yourself how he feels. Maybe it is just the fact he is afraid of telling you? You said in the post that he lied about dating you for four months, maybe it was him trying to to get your'e dads permission of asking you out. Because how long have you guys known Each-Over. I mean if you really like him you can bunt the guns and ask him out if he doesn't do it pretty soon. Good luck though!