How to get rid of feelings for a friend.

Like the tittle said, How to get rid of feelings for a friend.

I have known this woman for almost a half year now, the last 2 or 3 months we get around alot. (Almost daily) Though we 're just friends. Then recently I created major feelings for her, and it's obvious for me art the moment she doesn't have the same feelings. I didn't ask but I can tell at her body language and her caracter that she's not intrested in a 'closer' relationship.

If or when I will tell her about my feelings, I will break a wonderful friendship, (what I actually never witnessed with a woman) This friendship is MUCH worth for me.

Two other things, she's about to move to another city and she's recently chatting with a guy from America. She wants to go to to him and he will pay the tickets. (She's Dutch, and so am I) She has a good click with this guy I heared, even though they are chatting for still only 3 weeks.

Like I said, telling about 'my' feelings will destroy our friendship, and it's sure not the right time. I really wish I knew her earlier, so we had much more time to become 'closer' friends.

I know it's better to leave it all alone and stop the contact, but that's not me, I helped her out alot and we hang out pretty much together. She sees me as a precious friend, I can't just leave that. I said to myself that if we just could be 'good' friends that would be awesome aswell, now only to get rid of these 'feelings,'cause it's killing me hard time!

Any tips or advice? :o

move on. if you are pining for someone who doesn't, or won't return, your feelings you are stopping yourself from finding a healthy, fulfilling relationship. you don't want just a friendship with her, you want more. so you either have to tell her or just move on. she is leading her life and you need to do the same. if she is genuinely a friend she won't be bothered when you tell her how you feel, but by all indications she won't return your feelings. it's not healthy to fixate on someone when they are obviously not interested and it sounds like that is the case. you're hanging around hoping to turn friendship into more, but unless you actually try and do that it won't happen. so speak up or move along.

• Like 1
WeirdChick

I think for now the best thing would be tell her, how you feel and that you want more than friendship.

If she cant return your feelings, at least you can try to move on. You wont have to ask yourself "what if" and also she will understand when you stop contacting her. She might end the friendship herself.

I understand that it must be hardest thing to let go of her. The masochist in me sometimes indulges and enjoys the sweet agony of unrequited love, but it is not emotionally healthy in the long term.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

If you see someone as more than a friend you have to let them know .....its hard when feelings develop and you stand to lose a friendship by saying something......you only have to say it once ........but you do have to say it.....and it does normally turn out that person who doesn't return your feelings will be the one to decide whether the friendship continues but if it does.....can you handle seeing that friend with someone else...in most cases it always no.......you need to tell her and I wish you well..deb

• Like 1