Had a change of heart over night.

I feel hurt, abandoned, angry, sadden, confused, and frustrated.

That about sums up my first pre date experience at age 31. NoW I remember why I didn't date in the first place. :( Eight years of being lonely, I guess I am not meant for anyone.

Had high hopes and I get knocked down.

learning_slowly

Did you get everything correct first time?

The strongest people are the ones that get knocked down and learn from it and get back up and try again.

Don't be such a weak individual. Are you possibly aiming too high?

There's people in the world who are living through wars and you're worried you got rejected once!

Try again!!

Always be grateful when a relationship blows up before it ever gets started -- it's the ones you waste years on that you have real regrets about. Being quickly rejected is really nothing you should internalize or dwell on. They weren't the right person. Forget about them but be glad they didn't waste your time.

• Like 1

On date (or lack of it) doesn't mean every date will go that way. Why on earth should they? It would be irrational to assume that. I'd work on the basis that you both got out of that one before you became more attached. Keep a bit distant next time until you are starting to see each other often. No point falling for someone when you hardly know them and don't know how it's likely to go.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

you just have to try again,he wasnt right for you someone is though.....i wish you luck...deb

• Author

I will never understand how things can go so well for the last 6 months only to have my happiness crushed in a single day.

Yes I will move on, as soon as, I rethink myself.

hoping2heal

Wut?

If I applied your dating philosophy to the act of living, I'd probably think I wasn't meant to live.

Rejections, mishaps, false starts, lost love..happens to most of us and it's normal. It isn't a sign from the universe to be "forever alone".