Wrong to go no contact on a female friend?

I have a close friend that I've known for a year and a half. I've always felt that we had a strong mutual attraction to one another but she was married at the time. Due to life getting in the way we stopped hanging out so frequently. I eventually pursued someone single.

Fast forward to now she contacts me after about six months of us just talking briefly to one another and tells me she is getting a divorce and is going to move within the year. She also invited me to spend the weekend with her at an expo. I obliged.

I eventually revealed to her that I have always been attracted to her (she knows this partly but she was married). I advanced but she rejected it.

I am a weird spot now because I expressed my feelings but they were unrequited. I really care about her as a person and as a friend, but I cannot be around her too much honestly. I think those six months apart were great for our friendship but I really see more potential with us.

Is going no contact with her a sign of bitterness and resentment? She wanted to talk last week and asked if I was busy and I told her I was at the time and we can talk another time, but I did not follow up with her. I intend on talking to her when she contacts me but I don't really plan on initiating anything. Is that the correct course of action for these sort of things?

Is going no contact with her a sign of bitterness and resentment? She wanted to talk last week and asked if I was busy and I told her I was at the time and we can talk another time, but I did not follow up with her. I intend on talking to her when she contacts me but I don't really plan on initiating anything. Is that the correct course of action for these sort of things?

Simply express to her that your 'like' for her is not platonic and, respecting that she has no reciprocal romantic inclinations, you're moving on in life. Since you've had substantial contact, IMO she warrants a clear and respectful advisory if your choice is to cut contact. I've done it in person but YMMV.

• Author
Simply express to her that your 'like' for her is not platonic and, respecting that she has no reciprocal romantic inclinations, you're moving on in life. Since you've had substantial contact, IMO she warrants a clear and respectful advisory if your choice is to cut contact. I've done it in person but YMMV.

Okay. Yeah I've told her that I do like her more than a friendship. She said she doesn't want to lose me as a friend which I understand, but I cannot be around her that long. Maybe I need more time but I explained this all to her.

I won't be mean to her or anything about it though.