Surprised reaction

Hey,

so there is this girl I have been knowing for almost 2 years now. We both live in different countries (Europe) but study the same programme. She has been back to her country for a couple of month now. She knows about my feelings for her but she answered me twice per email that she feels a lot of affection towards me but would describe our relationship is a "strong friendship". A couple of days ago she came back to my country for a couple of days (University related visit), and the first thing she does is message me and would like to have breakfast with me. We hung out a couple of days - nothing happened since I still had her emails in mind and did not really know how to handle the situiation/approach her.

2 days befor she left for home, I mesaged her and said I would like to invite her to dinner and wanted to talk to her in privat. She agreed to meet me the next day for lunch. So we had lunch and talked about us. She said she cares for me but maybe not the way I care for her. She also said she feels dead inside and hasn`t felt anything for anyone for some years now (cause of her depression) and she hates herself for being that way. She also said that she tends to become a bitch and does not want me to experience that. I said, okay, well, since for me the feelings are different I think it would be better for me to take a step back. She said that this is my call but understands it completely and whenever I am ready to talk to her again, I should.

Now she has been back home and today I realised that she deleted me on skype - not facebook though. I was kinda surprised since she told me that she understands my decision and is fine with it, yet she deleted me.

Since I was curious/surprised why she deleted me, I contacted her. She replied that she thinks it is easier if she deletes me.

I am kinda speechless and surprised. Since she told me that she understands my decision of taking a step back but should not hesitate to contact her when I feel like it, then why would she delete me?

Any advice?

Edited by Sergeant