People who can't get a date with "anyone"?

Bruce Leigh
So you're saying how a women treats or reacts to you is dependent on how physically attractive she finds you

Absolutely, women and men let somebody they find attractive get away with many things. Could be something you do or say but you will be treated differently because they are attracted to you.

So youre saying how a women treats or reacts to you is dependant on how physically attractive she finds you

No, I have always said that attraction is more than just looks. Achievement and charm count, as do the lack of them. And other qualities, too.

• Like 1
I agree.

And I don't understand when people are not adequately attracted to people like them. If you're not getting much sexual attention, and he comes a warm, soft woman who wants to give you sexual attention, how is she not enough?

Why is it enough for the millions of men, but others end up single and lonely because they can't get aroused with a woman who isn't hot?

Maybe it's an arousal problem.

You are saying here that men should just settle for any woman that likes them, as opposed to one that they feel attraction towards.

Why do you feel this way?

• Like 2
somedude81
You are saying here that men should just settle for any woman that likes them, as opposed to one that they feel attraction towards.

Because she has a "beggars can't be choosers mentality."

She's an attractive, happily married woman, who gives very good advice.

• Like 2

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying that the women they are failing to date are more attractive than them, and it isn't me saying that but rather the women consistently rejecting them. So possible solutions are:

1. try to be attracted to women as attractive as you

2. try to be more attractive, either physically or in demeanor, personality, or achievement

3. just don't date

But the truth is not that they can't get a date with "anyone". It is that they can't get a date with the attractive women they want, because they aren't attractive enough. And they don't want the women who are as attractive as them.

And the million dollar question is: why would an attractive woman want you, if you wouldn't want a woman as attractive as you? Again, NOT all about looks.

• Like 5

Actually, I have a "you get what you give" mentality.

• Like 4
hasaquestion
I feel entitled to girls that I think are hot. And I get them.

Are you suggesting that men shouldn't date women they find attractive?

Also, there are tons of average women here that only go for tall, dark, handsome, and rich. Stop being a misandrist. You know my statement is true. ;)

But that's the key thing there... you get them. So you ARE entitled to them. If you "deserve" something in the opposite gender the market will give it to you.

It just makes me laugh how people come on here talking about what they deserve in the opposite gender, meanwhile they are either single (male posters) or getting pumped and dumped (female posters).

You don't get to arbitrarily decide what you're "entitled to". Check the scoreboard.

• Like 2
sillyanswer

And the million dollar question is: why would an attractive woman want you, if you wouldn't want a woman as attractive as you? Again, NOT all about looks.

That's a fantastic way of looking at it! :love:

• Like 1
somedude81
Actually, I have a "you get what you give" mentality.

So why is an early 20's woman who doesn't have a dollar to her name and hasn't done anything with her life more attractive than me? An early 30's man who doesn't have a dollar to his name and hasn't done anything with this life.

Aren't we equal? :p

So why is an early 20's woman who doesn't have a dollar to her name and hasn't done anything with her life more attractive than me? An early 30's man who doesn't have a dollar to his name and hasn't done anything with this life.

In sexual attractiveness, not even close. But sexual attractiveness doesn't mean worth as a person, of course.

• Like 3
hasaquestion

You've taken 10 years longer to (un)accomplish it

Seriously though don't worry about this ex so much

• Like 1
sillyanswer

This early 20's woman is still very near the beginning of her adult life. The expectation that she should have dollars or should have done things is lower, due to lack of elapsed time in which the opportunities could occur, than for someone ten years older.

• Like 6

No.

By the time said woman reaches her early 30's a decade from now, she likely will have a dollar to her name and have done something with her life.

IF a guy hasn't done much even by his early 30's though, there isn't much reason to believe he ever will do much.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 3
Bruce Leigh
No.

By the time said woman reaches her early 30's a decade from now, she likely will have a dollar to her name and have done something with her life.

IF a guy hasn't done much even by his early 30's though, there isn't much reason to believe he ever will do much.

Nice generalizations here, good grief !!

• Like 1
hasaquestion
And what age is the height of a mans sexual attractiveness?

Somewhere after getting a job, and after starting to wear suits, but before hair loss.

somedude81
Somewhere after getting a job, and after starting to wear suits, but before hair loss.

Heh, so then for me that will be next year.

Unless I start to lose my hair :eek:

• Like 1
And what age is the height of a mans sexual attractiveness?

Physically, early 20s as well.

Of course can also develop high sexual attractiveness through wealth, power, talent, etc at later ages. Doing more than the average guy will increase attractiveness.

Doing less than the Average guy decreases attractiveness.

• Like 5
fortyninethousand322
No.

That's a depressing thought.

• Like 1
sillyanswer
Heh, so then for me that will be next year.

Unless I start to lose my hair :eek:

My hair started going grey around your age. That just makes me "distinguished", right? :D

• Like 1
somedude81
Physically, early 20s as well.

Funny enough, I'm in much more better shape and more physically attractive now, then I was when I was in my early 20's.

Of course can also develop high sexual attractiveness through wealth, power, talent, etc at later ages. Doing more than the average guy will increase attractiveness.

Doing less than the Average guy decreases attractiveness.

Yeah I understand.

For me, what it all boils down to is, that I'm more attractive at 32 then I was at 22 for a variety of reasons.

Frankly, my ex would not have dated the 22 year old me.

Funny enough, I'm in much more better shape and more physically attractive now, then I was when I was in my early 20's.

Yeah I understand.

For me, what it all boils down to is, that I'm more attractive at 32 then I was at 22 for a variety of reasons.

Frankly, my ex would not have dated the 22 year old me.

But the campus is full of 20 year old guys who are at their peak. It's not about how desirable you were or weren't at 20, but how desirable the current 20 year old guys are.

• Like 1

Women that are thin and actually have an ugly face are extremely rare, and are usually the result of some sort of disease or something wrong with her health.

That's just weird. An ugly face can happen on anybody, fat or thin.

I think that we can ALL get dates with people, only sometimes not the people we wish for. Sometimes it's because only fat or ugly looking girls are interested in you, sometimes it's just that the one we have a big crush on is not interested. But it's not true that we can't get dates with "anyone."

somedude81
That's just weird. An ugly face can happen on anybody, fat or thin.

I think that we can ALL get dates with people, only sometimes not the people we wish for. Sometimes it's because only fat or ugly looking girls are interested in you, sometimes it's just that the one we have a big crush on is not interested. But it's not true that we can't get dates with "anyone."

I'm just saying that I've seen very few women under 30, who were not obese, that I could consider ugly. Honestly, only one comes to mind.

It's been a long time since I had a big crush on a girl. Right now my thing is to have minor crushes on lots of girls. Sadly I'm still not getting any results.

Bruce Leigh
I'm just saying that I've seen very few women under 30, who were not obese, that I could consider ugly. Honestly, only one comes to mind.

It's been a long time since I had a big crush on a girl. Right now my thing is to have minor crushes on lots of girls. Sadly I'm still not getting any results.

Been seeing a lot of old acquaintances from my days in school recently, so they are around 35-40 and i was amazed how many of them have let themselves go. Both men and women.

One of them was a girl i had a crush on and i didnt recognize her at first. Another old mate, he was quite the ladies man but he must have been close to 20 stone. Just a trend for some as they get older.