Financial abuse vent

Niqunar

I feel like my abuser always felt entitled to my money, just because I came from a welloff family he expected me to pay for the all of the couplet things: restaurant dates, fast food, liquor and beer, cigarettes, paint, show tickets, movie tickets, condoms, hotels and gas... Everything! My abuser had the idea that because I didn't work a min wage job like at a grocery store and I worked doing research at school while in honors/studying full time that I didn't understand what being poor was like. When his ex threatened to kill herself he ended up paying her ambulance bill bc her parents were "broke and not wealthy like mine" which is bs bc he made 7.25 an hour and that's obviously a bull**** statement. I felt like he was with me for the dough when my dad died he acted like I should be happy he left me all that money.

Smilecharmer

Then why are you with him? He obviously feels you are a princess who can't relate to him. This isn't abuse, this is just you not leaving when you need to because he doesn't respect or like you. Why would you think this is okay?

• Author

How do you know if a guy doesn't like/respect you? I dated this guy for 2 years and he'd claim that he loved me and when he got out of debt/got a higher paying job he'd treat me back. It made me mad bc he took me to wafflehouse/taco bell once early on and I always covered the major holidays after that. He was in debt 2k with collections for apt payments and then 1k for his exes bill at the time and I didn't know if I was being too hard on him considering were both college students. Whenever I'd want to break up he'd go into panic mode and he'd spend alone time with me just nothing really high quality and it would always be after a friends party or an activity. We were both busy with stuff so I assumed this was ok. We always did stuff on the cheap like a night in watching movies.

• Author

Also if you understood the context of this contained within my other post he'll on earth in the abuse forum then you'd see how he was abusive. It would make me so mad bc he had money to buy beer, cigarettes, pot and crap like magic cards and figures from the game store but not enough to reciprocate.

How do you know if a guy doesn't like/respect you? I dated this guy for 2 years and he'd claim that he loved me and when he got out of debt/got a higher paying job he'd treat me.

How do you know? Well in your last thread you said you dated him for two years but after month 2 he started disrespecting you. You even said you wanted to make him see your worth that is why you stayed. So, you already knew.

You need to be accountable for tolerating the abuse. This isn't on him anymore. The responsibility to get out was yours. You need to stop focusing on what he's done and start focusing on why you allowed him to mistreat you throughout your relationship.