Is there anything left?

Pete Moss

Me and this girl dated for 2 years. We had lots and lots of fun together. I loved her very much and she loved me also.

One day she dumped me because she said i was her very first boyfriend and she wants to see what all is out there first. She said she cares about me and that im her very best friend.

Well my heart was broken and i told her that i didn't want to talk to her ever again. That was well over a year ago. I talked to her a few weeks ago for the first time since then.

We have been talkin on the phone and doing some catching up. She has called me a few times and she has been really nice to me. I even asked her if she would like to go out to the club sometime and she acting surprised that i asked her and she said that she would love to.

I have realized that i still have feelings for her and i really missed her. Things seems so different now between me and her. I guess because its been a good while since we last talked and because of the past. BTW, We both are still single.

Question: How do I find out if there is anything left? I would love to get back together with her. How do i find out how she feels about me? I have always been crazy about her, even months and months after she hurt me. If it would have been any other girl, i would have really never talked to her again but i have always felt a very strong good feeling about her.

I guess its something i can't explain, but for some reason, something deep down inside me tells me not to give up on her. I love her very much and would love to get another chance with her. Do i sound crazy? Advise or opinions would be greatly appriciated!!!!

I wouldn't give up on her but I wouldn't dive into another relationship with her real soon either. She probably doesn't want that. She may just have some down time right now and isn't seeing anybody. But you can bet she's not ready to settle down either.

Take things real slow. Chances are fair that she'll break your heart again if you let her...not that she wants to...but it sounds like she's pretty sharp and she knows there's lots of living to do before she ties herself down.

Just be there, be her friend and more, but use extreme caution here. You don't want her to get used to coming into you life everytime she's between boyfriends. There are lots that do that sort of thing.

The harder to get you play, the more desirable you will be to her. If she can get you back with a simple phone call, you will have little appeal to her beyond that of a platonic friend. Right now, she's probably just getting over some guy so she's a bit more vulnerable and receptive...but don't let that fool you. She wants an man who is a challenge.

If you allow her into your life very easily now and she give you the boot again, she'll have lots less respect for you. Be smart, be sharp, and go into this thing very slowly. Don't make it so easy for her either. Don't be so available, don't kiss her butt and don't say yes everytime she wants to do something. Show her you have a great life away from her.

Even though it's very natural for her to still have some feelings for you because of your previous relationship, that doesn't mean that she's ready to make you her one and only forevermore at this time.