After the break-up

Andrea

My b/f and I split up a few months ago. It was his call, and I suppose it was for the best. He couldn't handle something that he should have been able to.

I'm finding it so damn hard not being in contact with him. I mean, it is easier not being in contact with him because if I were, I think I would be a wreck.

My heart breaks that he has already moved on. I don't feel ready yet, myself. I just can't imagine being with anyone else right now. It would feel so wrong and I have trust issues.

Am I normal to miss him so much? He was my lover and my best friend. We had such a wonderful closeness and we were very much in love, but it was one of those situations where you love each other dearly, but breaking up was probably for the best (he probably would never have come to terms with a particular issue in our relationship). We never cheated on each other or had huge arguments or anything. I think that's what makes it so hard.

Gosh I miss him, and it hurts me so much. I know there are other fish in the sea, but I never loved anyone the way I loved him. It's so hard when you know they're getting on with their life without you, and it's so hard losing such a special bond like the one we had together.

Am I normal to feel like this?

Well yeah! Aren't you a human being? You have a heart, so it hurts!

What was it that you guys could not straigthen out?

My b/f and I split up a few months ago. It was his call, and I suppose it was for the best. He couldn't handle something that he should have been able to. I'm finding it so damn hard not being in contact with him. I mean, it is easier not being in contact with him because if I were, I think I would be a wreck. My heart breaks that he has already moved on. I don't feel ready yet, myself. I just can't imagine being with anyone else right now. It would feel so wrong and I have trust issues. Am I normal to miss him so much? He was my lover and my best friend. We had such a wonderful closeness and we were very much in love, but it was one of those situations where you love each other dearly, but breaking up was probably for the best (he probably would never have come to terms with a particular issue in our relationship). We never cheated on each other or had huge arguments or anything. I think that's what makes it so hard.

Gosh I miss him, and it hurts me so much. I know there are other fish in the sea, but I never loved anyone the way I loved him. It's so hard when you know they're getting on with their life without you, and it's so hard losing such a special bond like the one we had together. Am I normal to feel like this?

Relationships require two people and they are to be enjoyed for each moment you are with each other. They are like a delicious gourmet meal..but eventually the plate is empty but that in no way diminishes the dining (or the romantic) experience.

Rejoice in the golden moments you shared together and celebrate the fact that you are on your way to bold new adventures. Don't be so concerned about his life or who he's with. You are not in his shoes and you have no idea what the nature of this new relationship is nor should you. You should not even think about him. You had your time with him and both of you are moving on.

That's the way life works. Nothing, not even this entire universe, is permanent. In less than 3 billion years, the sun will burn out and our solar system will be sucked into outer space and infinity. Most everything in our universe will have been modified and transformed millions of times before then. So if God doesn't make anything permanent, you must not expect to be able to yourself.

Enjoy all of life for the present moment and you will be happy always.

Hey Iknow exactly what you are feeling. Im goin thru the same thing. He ended it and I cant move on because I know he really loved me. But everybody says our relationship cant be fixed because we broke up too many times in a 2.5 yr period. I always thought it would work out. I guess I loved him too much to even notice that things were wrong. I feel so bad for anybody who has to go thru it. I will always love my ex. always. I wish I knew what to do or say to make myself and yourself feel better. But I dont. But I feel better knowing somebody else knows how I feel....

My b/f and I split up a few months ago. It was his call, and I suppose it was for the best. He couldn't handle something that he should have been able to. I'm finding it so damn hard not being in contact with him. I mean, it is easier not being in contact with him because if I were, I think I would be a wreck. My heart breaks that he has already moved on. I don't feel ready yet, myself. I just can't imagine being with anyone else right now. It would feel so wrong and I have trust issues. Am I normal to miss him so much? He was my lover and my best friend. We had such a wonderful closeness and we were very much in love, but it was one of those situations where you love each other dearly, but breaking up was probably for the best (he probably would never have come to terms with a particular issue in our relationship). We never cheated on each other or had huge arguments or anything. I think that's what makes it so hard.

Gosh I miss him, and it hurts me so much. I know there are other fish in the sea, but I never loved anyone the way I loved him. It's so hard when you know they're getting on with their life without you, and it's so hard losing such a special bond like the one we had together. Am I normal to feel like this?