Default I can't stand that the girl I really like is engaged. I have extreme hatred f

• Author

since around August I have felt a lot better about this, I ran into her a couple of times and we caught up but I was still feeling a lot better, so I thought this obsession is over.

but then when I saw her again recently, it all came back. I now am obsessing over her again and I think it feels worse. I feel terrible. I feel full of rage and almost feel like hurting myself. I feel worthless and feel like I can never get a girl or succeed in anything. This whole thing is just adding to my already depressed feeling.

A therapist has to report him to the police if he/she believes that he will hurt somebody or themselves.

Some therapists flat out refuse to report them for anything. I think they should, but they're all very reluctant. They feel they can care for them better than the law enforcement can, but the point is to protect if there's a threat to a victim.

Have you ever heard of a term called limerence? It sounds like that's what you're suffering from; I know because I've been there myself and it's horrible.

"Limerence is an involuntary state of mind which results from a romantic attraction to another person combined with an overwhelming, obsessive need to have one's feelings reciprocated."

Here are some links to Limerence.net, a support group and forum for people who suffer from this condition. I use the word 'suffer' deliberately as it can be a life-ruining mindset it you don't get it under control.

Limerence, love addiction, romantic infatuation & obsessive love support - Home

Limerence, love addiction, romantic infatuation & obsessive love support - What treatment is there?

limerence.net ? Index page

• 4 months later...
  • Author

I feel a little better about it than last year where everyday I was feeling terrible but whenever I see her I feel happy still but then soon after that I feel sad because I know I can never get with her. I still really hate her fiance.I can't stand. it. I can't believe I am not with and I never will be. It makes me sick. I want to kill him. I really do. The only reason why I won't do it is because it is against the law and I will go to jail

people say I need to talk to a therapist or something but I am too nervous to talk to one. For one thing my parents could then find out,and secondly the therapist might think I am weird or being petty or even might overreact and call the police or something. Isn't there any other way to deal with this problem. Or will it just go away eventually?

Oh, no, don't worry about that. The whole thing about a psychologist or psychiatrist is they are bound by law not to disclose your problems to anyone else. If you are over whatever the legal age is where you live, then they cannot even tell your parents. And believe me, they have heard much worse and much weirder than how you are! They will not judge you but will acknowledge why you have these feelings and try to trace it back to how that got started.

Clarence_Boddicker

Tell her everything you told us, I'm sure she'll want to be with you.

Why not stop focusing on yourself & maybe think about what she wants. I kinda doubt she wants some crazed stalker talking to her. Either accept that she's happy with another, or stop talking to her.