Re: exhusband wants relationship back

Thiamine

Hi, I sure hope someone can help me come to a conclusion here. My ex and I have been divorced for 14 months now. I left him because I couldn't put up with him constantly screaming at me and once in awhile pushing me around. I felt I would be happier on my own. I have had a relationship with another man and me and him have the same problem so now I'm thinking it's just apart of living together. My life has gone severly downhill since my divorce. I lost the only good job I've ever had and my two boys are always telling me how much they want me back with their father because they feel we were all happier then. My ex has asked me to give our relationship another try, he says he has always loved me and wants his family back. Since our divorce he has come along way financially and mentally. I'm confused on if I should try it again or not. I can't decide if we still have a chance for life together. I did'nt just run out on him I gave it 7 years then left. Part of me feels like he has changed the other feels resentment for all the changes that have taken place.

Don't put up with *anyone* who pushes you around and disrespects you physically and/or verbally. This is NOT a part of living together, nor should it be. You say since the divorce he's come a long way mentally..does that mean he won't abuse you anymore? Since you have kids, getting back together or staying apart will be more difficult. If your ex-husband wants his family back, he should have thought about that before he treated you like crap. If you feel you want to give it another try, don't do everything at once; take it a little bit at a time. I feel that you shouldn't give him another chance, but I wasn't in the relationship, so it's your best guess. Best wishes!

Love,

Thiamine

History will repeat itself unless you makeup conditions on what you want from him. Getting back together sometimes has more affect on the childern for something may go wrong and he will start where he left off with you...and maybe leave you again. Remember the childern. As long as he spends time with them...they will except the separation. However, it will take time and you must remain strong.

Bob

it sound like he has problems letting go of the "sentimental" past which I understand. Even if it didn't work our between you there are certainly some wonderful memories that he finds hard to part with.

I would suggest being his friend if he can handle that. I never like closing completely with my past boyfriends and try to remain good friends with them afterwards.

Don't put up with *anyone* who pushes you around and disrespects you physically and/or verbally. This is NOT a part of living together, nor should it be. You say since the divorce he's come a long way mentally..does that mean he won't abuse you anymore? Since you have kids, getting back together or staying apart will be more difficult. If your ex-husband wants his family back, he should have thought about that before he treated you like crap. If you feel you want to give it another try, don't do everything at once; take it a little bit at a time. I feel that you shouldn't give him another chance, but I wasn't in the relationship, so it's your best guess. Best wishes! Love, Thiamine