Ex FWB?

sickoflove11

Maybe I should have posted this here.. I'm sure I won't get any responses here either, worth a I guess.

My ex and I have been hanging out since we broke up about a year ago. We both moved home from school for good and live very close. I am not in love with him anymore and just enjoy his company. We hang out maybe once a week.

I've always heard that FWB is no good because someone always ends up developing feelings and the other may not so of course that just leads to problems. I figure that would definitely happen if the two have previously been in a relationship...

It's been about a month since we have been FWB and I'm not sure what to expect, if anything. I like the way things are and am not looking to be in a relationship. I don't think he is either because he spends a lot of time with his friends and way less with me, but when we are together he acts like when we were dating so I'm kinda of confused.. I don't want to just ask him so maybe there are some signs I can look for?!

If you have any advice at all I'd really appreciate it! Share from past experiences or whatever, I would love to read!

I've always heard that FWB is no good because someone always ends up developing feelings and the other may not so of course that just leads to problems. I figure that would definitely happen if the two have previously been in a relationship...
With your ex, its a little different because there are already feelings that will always be there.

For some people, its just easier to have a FWB type relationship with their ex's because they're already sexually compatible and regardless of feelings both sides can acknowledge that a relationship previously didn't work.

I don't want to just ask him so maybe there are some signs I can look for?!
Why don't you want to ask him?
  • Author
sickoflove11

Thank you for your post, that makes sense now.

Why don't you want to ask him?

I don't think I really want to know how he feels, I don't want to hear him actually say that he just wants to be FWB but I also don't want to hear that he wants to get back together. I would just rather it be unspoken (like currently) but mutually what I want even though I know that is selfish.

That is why I was a little concerned about him acting like we are dating, and we were around his friends. But like you said maybe because there are those feelings that will always be there?