Secretive and hiding who she texts. I find out it's an ex...

Liverpool Bloke
I get that you are concerned but I sense a double standard from you, in that it's ok if you talk to your ex-girlfriend but not ok if she talks to her ex-boyfriend. And you admit that you keep your convos with your ex a secret from your girlfriend too. And for the record: not mentioning that you talk to your ex-girlfriend is the SAME as hiding it.

Don't you think your girlfriend would be upset if she knew you were talking with your ex-girlfriend every month behind her back?

I wrote this about trust in another thread but I'll repeat it here: it takes years to build trust and seconds to destroy it. I don't see any trust between you and your girlfriend happening, the way you keep secrets from each other about who you talk to.

Trust is part of any good relationship's foundation. Without that trust in place, it's hard for two people to build a healthy relationship together.

I think you should come clean to your girlfriend about talking to you ex, and ask her how often she talks to her ex. If you can't be honest with each other this early on, then I only see major problems for you both down the road.

Eloquent and beautiful post.So glad somebody values trust,honour and respect as highly as I do.I don't, think true love is possible without these factors.