Long-time female friend

DazedandConfused8

DazedandConfused8

I'm over a breakup and have been spending more time with friends and family. I've been friends with this girl for the past 10 years. She had a kid young, moved away, came back, moved away, and now lives in my home city even though I don't live there anymore. She's gone through some issues, as have I, but we've kept in touch.

On my latest visit she offered to go camping alone, just to get away and spend some time together at someone's trailer. That ended up falling through because of my travel plans (neither of our faults). I went over to her place to hang out for an afternoon. She was completely underdressed (white tank top with no bra and booty shorts) and we watched a movie. She was running errands that morning and knew I was coming that afternoon so she consciously chose those clothes after coming home from doing errands. She ended up falling asleep and kicked up her legs on me while she slept. I didn't mind it; I was okay with leaving her sleep. I thought of making a move but I figured it was very risky and could go wrong really fast.

I left that day and she apologized for falling asleep on me, but I told her I didn't mind. A few days later we hung out again. She has a way about her (which I read) that she wants to be hugged/kissed/for something to happen, but then it dissipates and nothing happens. Again, I'd make a move but it's never seemed like the right time/we just hug then she's walking inside.

I'd be completely fine with not kissing her/having sex/whatever else happens, but I also wouldn't mind lol. At the same time, I wouldn't want one stupid move to ruin the friendship.

What do you think? Am I reading too much into this? Or does it sound like there's potential there?

melodicintention

Take a chance and ask her. Tell her you are attracted and would like to take it further, that she is sending mixed signals and you want to know if there is more there. Don't mess with her when sleeping. Either she is clueless that she is dressed to provocatively and sleeping with her legs open, or she's doing it on purpose. So ask her, don't act. A guy friend of mine messed with me when I was asleep when I'd let him hang at my place (I was clothed, but regardless) and I kicked him out of my life I got so angry. Don't give her a reason to distrust you that's for sure.

• Like 1

Or if you dont want to make a move which could come across as a pervert. Just do the gentlemanly thing and ask her!

• Like 1
MuscleCarFan

It might be awkward, but I say go for it and ask her!

Edited by MuscleCarFan
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
DazedandConfused8

Just thought I'd follow up on this: there's definitely something there but she seems to be holding back because of the distance between us and the stresses in her life. She says she's technically dating someone but that she might as well not be because the guy isn't around. So we'll see what happens.

I wish I could wave a wand and make it easy for you to just loosen up and poke her in the ribs next time she says she has a boyfriend and tease her and tell "Not if I get you first" or "How am I going to get up and get a beer if you're sleeping on me" or just anything just teasing and funny. She's sleeping all over you. She's pretty comfortable with you, so you should be able to at least tease her and make it known you're about to lunge. Challenge her a little. Since she's so comfortable with you, I also think you could just ask her, "Let's go out this weekend -- or are you and that guy exclusive?" You might have to bring the kid.

To me, her very skimpy comfy outfit could have been to turn you on or she could just be one of those lovely women who let it all hang out when relaxing at home, too. Being a mother, she's bound to be tired, so the falling asleep is no mystery.

• Author
DazedandConfused8
I wish I could wave a wand and make it easy for you to just loosen up and poke her in the ribs next time she says she has a boyfriend and tease her and tell "Not if I get you first" or "How am I going to get up and get a beer if you're sleeping on me" or just anything just teasing and funny. She's sleeping all over you. She's pretty comfortable with you, so you should be able to at least tease her and make it known you're about to lunge. Challenge her a little. Since she's so comfortable with you, I also think you could just ask her, "Let's go out this weekend -- or are you and that guy exclusive?" You might have to bring the kid.

To me, her very skimpy comfy outfit could have been to turn you on or she could just be one of those lovely women who let it all hang out when relaxing at home, too. Being a mother, she's bound to be tired, so the falling asleep is no mystery.

Yep! I don't blame her for being tired and it was strangely intimate/comforting. When I saw her last week we watched a horror movie alone in the dark at night but unfortunately there was no cuddling or hand holding because the movie was terrible :mad:

Another night like that and you could say "I could get used to this, but I've been thinking I would be remiss if I didn't try to get you out of the house once in awhile." See if she bites or just says "Oh, I'm so tired and the baby."

Make your intentions known. Ask her out on a date. Don't grope her in her sleep

If you don't act soon, you're gonna get friendzoned if you're not there already