Told my friend I liked him.

There's this guy who I have a lot of classes with and hang out with a lot in a group. I've been dropping hints to him but he wasn't responding to any of them so I just decided to tell him upfront. He was surprised about it but didn't ask anything. He didn't bring it up again, though my friend said he was rattled by it and couldn't stop thinking about what I said for a couple of days.

I'm still very much into him though even if he indirectly rejected me... I don't want things to get weird around us and I'm still hopeful that there's a chance, though I don't want to look desperate. Lately he seems much more quiet around me. Part of me just wants to bring it up again and tell him that I'm fine with being just friends, or maybe I should just let the awkwardness run its course? I would very much want to stay friends with him, hopefully even closer than before.

Did you just sort of drop this bombshell of an announcement on him or did you follow up? If you think he's just shocked & feeling awkward, perhaps you can ask him on a date to take the pressure off.

• Author

What do you mean by follow up? I kind of chickened out after I told him and let the conversation die naturally (he wasn't being talkative), then went separate ways for the day.

Would it really be a good idea to ask him out on a date? He won't even talk to me.

Find him & get him alone. Apologize for startling him & ask if he'd like to go to a movie with you.

At that you are going to learn whether he likes you too.