My fwb said "I love you" tonight and doesn't want to me to see other guys.

Me and my friend have being having a sexual relationship for about a year and half. The last time we talked he said he loved me and I asked why, he said it wasn't because of sexy pics but because of "The pics are a plus though and sex is a plus and head is a plus"..... He then said he doesn't want me seeing any other guys and he won't see any other girls. Can this work?

From the sound of it I don't think he really loves you, but is just really likes the sex you' two have been having. Sounds like he wants you all to himself just because...I don't know if he gave you other reasons than that, but if his reasons were only sex than that answers your question. But if he gave other responses that wasn't geared towards sex at all then this is where you should be thinking carefully.

I'm not sure if the relationship honestly. If it's just the sex then there is no reason for a relationship....

I may be wrong so if any other posters post then you can get a better feel.

If you both want it to work it can work. FWBs only get messed up when 1 person wants the relationship but the other doesn't.

• Like 1

If when you asked him why, all he responded was about sex and head, then he is just trying to keep having sex with you without fear of you finding someone to really love. If there has been more going on, with you two sharing a lot of interests, him spending time with you and taking care of you when needed, when you're sick, when a car breaks down, if things have gone beyond sex, then maybe. But sounds like sex is the only thing he cares about and in that case, I advise you to say no and keep looking for a person who wants real love.

• Like 1

Tell him that his response tells you that he needs to be sexual with some other girls too, and that as a FWB, you won't mind. Maybe you should even insist on it.

He sounds like nobody has ever given him head before. That's a horrible reason for him to say he loves you, and speaks to a lot of immaturity.

Million.to.1

I think it depends how good the friendship is. If sex wasn't part of the equation, would you still be friends?.. would you hang out, talk, laugh.... Do you have mutual friends?

As donnivain said, if you both want it to, of course it could work.

My guess from his response and it being all about sex and head is just that he is young (under 24?) and doesn't know how to communicate feelings beyond the obvious.