friend likes me too much

jacktheripper

jacktheripper

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how I should deal with my friend.

I have known her for about 5 years now, and recently every time we hang out she always tries to touch me sexually (like touching my crotch area), talks about her sex life, etc.

I don't want to be be rude and tell her I don't like her but its getting annoying now.

She wants us to be more than friends, but I only see her as a friend.

Lernaean_Hydra
Tell her you like her a sister. What is it about her that you don't find romantically appealing.

Or sexually? Because it sounds like she just wants the D, not a romantic relationship.

todreaminblue

tell her that she is making you uncomfortable, call her creepy and you cant be friends with someone who touches you sexually or makes you uncomfortable..... she should stop..or at least stop that....dont be friends with her is another solution....say you dont see her that way and she is creeping you out, drop the friendship..tell her she annoys you when she does it......she wants more than friendship you dont end of story...she might try to be your friend still and apologize and sincerely mean it...make fun of the apology call her dramatic..... the damage will keep her distant..as you wish her to be distant...so she shall be...effective resolution for you ...you will probably hurt her no end...but as i said effective and right for you and she can find someone who appreciates her(which she will)and hopefully she doesnt sexually harass them.......you cant be her friend period......deb

• Author
jacktheripper
Tell her you like her a sister. What is it about her that you don't find romantically appealing.

I don't know, but I am just not attracted to her.

Also she smokes weed + drinks alcohol which I hate when girls do

Limit your time with her and devalue Drinking and Weed on a regular basis. Be firm in your convictions.

Don't do anything that resembles a date.

You always see posts on here from people saying, Why is he/she leading me on? We spend time together, blah, blah, we've cuddled/kissed/whatever, but he/she never takes it any further/doesn't ask me on a date/won't let me meet their friends. And then the topic header is: Why do men/women always lead you on/are passive-aggressive/won't just tell you what they want/don't return texts.

Well, here is a perfect example of a guy who is letting a girl do everything but and I'm sure she's probably wondering why he's leading her on and why he's not taking the next step and why he won't return her texts timely, and on and on and on.

If you're not interested in someone sexually, either go no contact or you have to tell them you never will be and then if they have a brain, they'll go no contact.

Meanwhile, she's telling her friends, Oh, he must be shy, I know he likes me because he doesn't make me stop, I'm just taking it slow, think I'll quadruple the number of texts I send him to see if he's paying attention.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 3
  • Author
jacktheripper

I forgot to mention that I do give her hints that I don't like her.

For example, one night we were walking outside, she makes sexual jokes and touches my crotch area and I move her hand away.

I want to tell her to stop doing this stuff, but I don't want to ruin our friendship. She's cool and all, but Shes not my type.

Lernaean_Hydra
I forgot to mention that I do give her hints that I don't like her.

Oh, you give her hints, do you? How effective..:rolleyes:. Why not just tell her outright that you're not interested. You're making it sound like she's asking for a relationship meanwhile - as I said before - it sounds like she's just after sex. If you don't want to sleep with her (because she smokes weed and drinks alcohol which you 'hate when girls do') then SAY THAT.

What's with all this hinting around? Her making unwanted sexual advances toward you is going to be detrimental to the friendship in the long run anyway so why not just be honest and maybe she'll back off and you two can go on to be friends again. You might just find she's doing all this to get a rise out of you because she knows it makes you uncomfortable.

• Author
jacktheripper
Oh, you give her hints, do you? How effective..:rolleyes:. Why not just tell her outright that you're not interested. You're making it sound like she's asking for a relationship meanwhile - as I said before - it sounds like she's just after sex. If you don't want to sleep with her (because she smokes weed and drinks alcohol which you 'hate when girls do') then SAY THAT.

What's with all this hinting around? Her making unwanted sexual advances toward you is going to be detrimental to the friendship in the long run anyway so why not just be honest and maybe she'll back off and you two can go on to be friends again. You might just find she's doing all this to get a rise out of you because she knows it makes you uncomfortable.

I don't want to have sex with her because I believe it'll want her to grow the friendship into an intimate relationship

In that situation, maybe you lie. Maybe you say, "Hey (girl who thinks I'm her bf), I'm actually seeing someone now. No more flirting. If you wanted something more, I'm sorry. I'd be friends, but that's it."

Lernaean_Hydra
I don't want to have sex with her because I believe it'll want her to grow the friendship into an intimate relationship

Your reasons for not wanting to sleep with her are your business. I didn't ask you all. I'm just trying to figure out why you can't just be honest and tell her to stop instead of "hinting" which is obviously ineffective.

• Like 1