Help, I'm confused

Michele

Hi Everyone,

About a few months ago I wrote about the guy I was dating who was away on business. Everything has been going well, been seeing him about once a week, because of our work schedules, and also because he doesn't live in the same state. He has been talking about buying a house since I first met him for investment purposes, well he finally did, and now he told me I just don't understand. He has to work on the house, gut it, etc, etc. He gave me a Teddy bear, last week for V day, called me in the morning on Vday, but didn't see me, said he has to finish the house, to make mortgage payments to rent it out. Am I being selfish?

Am I being dumped? I'm a bit confused, he says he misses me, but doesn't know when we can get together. Everything was going so well, he had mentioned once before that one he finally closed on the house, he was going to be busy. I'm trying to be patient, but sometimes I wonder, because I know how men can be. I'm probably overreacting, again.

I think a man who opts to fix a house rather than be with you on Valentines Day will not be quite the romantic you may want to be with all the days of your life.

If this man doesn't make a reasonable effort to put his hammer and nails down on a fairly regular basis to spend some quality time with you, you will be better served by finding someone who is not quite the fixer upper enthusiast.

You are in the best position to know how this all makes you feel. But I take it you are not feeling very special to this guy. I can understand that. I do understand his need to get this house fixed and get it rented so he can avoid the big payments, etc. but I really think if he thought enough of the relationship he would make some time for you.

This doesn't look good to me. How do you feel about it? Let your own feelings be your guide.