Was i abused?!

LoneSoilder

When we first started my ex was the perfect guy for me. Over time he would lie, cheat, and break my heart almost like it was a sport. There was always multiple women in the picture and he always told me how perfect I was and that he knew I was too good for him. Over time his admiration turned cold and he would talk down on and make fun of me a lot. He was insecure and always made me feel like I was lying and cheating when he always was. He would flirt with girls and I always felt he wanted something else. I offered to bring girls home with us to have sex with in hopes to make him stop lying to me but he never did it. I would hear stories about how he hit his child's mother and he always got angry never taking it out on me until we got closer. He knew my past of abuse and told me he never wanted to treat me that way.

My reason for leaving was because he got very forceful with me for the second time never actually hitting me buy throwing me into things still hurting me. I seen a very dark person in him. He was always angry. After I left he would text me evil things saying I was only good sex and worthless and a broken puppy. He apologized but was still very mean to me. I feel like my soul is bruised and even though he never hit me I think it was close r that he has mentally destroyed me. I don't want to scream abuse but I feel victimized

Yes. Its controlling, its violent. Its abuse.

don't be hard on yourself, at the time its very hard to know what is really going on.

It will take a while.