Why don't men approach women anymore?

Speaking of which....everyone notice how almost 1 in 2 women have a dog(s) / cat(s)? It's like the first thing they go and do when they break up / get dumped

I do NOT do pets, and particularly can't stand the mess, smell, kissing of pets and the jumping on furniture

• Like 1
. I feel if a person is interested they'll show it.

The rules of masculinity changes so drastically.

Yes exactly.

Speaking of which....everyone notice how almost 1 in 2 women have a dog(s) / cat(s)? It's like the first thing they go and do when they break up / get dumped

I do NOT do pets, and particularly can't stand the mess, smell, kissing of pets and the jumping on furniture

Women have a nature to nourish. People say women's pets are subs for BF/H, but I think they're actually subs for children they want.

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322

I don't know, most people I know who have pets have had them for a long time. Long before they were ever dumped or broke up with anyone.

It's weird, but most people don't regard their pets as emotional fillers.

• Like 1

Good thread.

I would say you have more of a chance with someone who makes eye contact, yes. But it's not always going to be a green light.

And to the opposite.. Just because someone isn't beaming for your eyes doesn't mean they are not interested.

An interested woman could be shy or want to be noticed then act surprised. Each individual is a different case.

Example...

Me and this woman used to see each other. It was incredible. Hadn't seen her in 4 years.

Anyways...

This was 2 weeks ago..

I was working out, between sets and grabbed a sip of water - in the zone. And I noticed this woman walk by me. We were coming head-on of each other, i noticed her, and at the last second In my head I was like: "WHAT! no wayyy!" cocked my head back and it was her! "Holy ****!" I watched her for like 10 seconds... To see if she noticed me. She slowly walked further. Stopped about 10 meters away, and stood there.. Now facing me. Blank stare on her face not looking in my direction. If I was looking north, she was looking south west. I slowly walk up to her, get about .5 meter away and wave in her eye line. She glances at me and already is smiling and going ballistic. She jumps on me with a hug and kisses my cheek and we chat for sometime.

She knew I was in the gym before I had even noticed her. Women like to pretend they were caught off guard. Not always will they give signals if they were interested.

I have many more stories like that.. Not all ex's. You don't always get signals. Sometimes women want to see what you will do. Just like I want to see what they will do.

Single, desperate women, will flaunt smiles and make it known they are into you. Most will play it cool and wait to see who has the nards.

I don't know, most people I know who have pets have had them for a long time. Long before they were ever dumped or broke up with anyone.

They are quick to tell you that they come as a package with their pets, and that you must like pets. They even try to compare it to kids, which is just wrong. Kids can talk to you, they may or may not come visit you when you get old, and they get to an age where you can leave them at home and fed for themselves...you can't go away for days / weeks with pets

They just don't fit into my lifestyle, and it's a deal breaker for me right after a few dates of course when the deed has been done

So true. I wouldn't consider a woman who owned a dog already. Ideally, I want to find a girl with no animals and then when things get serious we get a dog together.

Not this preexisting mutt who was just a band-aid for her heartbreak. Plus, I don't want to walk a dog that's not mine. Why would I want to do that? Just because we both like the same woman? Nah.

That's like me hanging out with my best friends 'other' friend, we hangout because we both like the same friend? It's awkward. We're only friends because we have the same friend.

It's like getting in to a relationship when the person already has kids. I don't want that, I would question so many things... And there would be dog hair everywhere.

fortyninethousand322
They are quick to tell you that they come as a package with their pets, and that you must like pets. They even try to compare it to kids, which is just wrong. Kids can talk to you, they may or may not come visit you when you get old, and they get to an age where you can leave them at home and fed for themselves...you can't go away for days / weeks with pets

They just don't fit into my lifestyle, and it's a deal breaker for me right after a few dates of course when the deed has been done

Look, if you don't like pets you don't like pets. That's fair.

I'm a dude, so I know don't count, but I have a dog. I didn't get him because anyone dumped me or because I broke up with someone (I've never gotten far enough for those things). If someone told me I had to get rid of him I don't think I'd take too kindly to it. I regard him as a family member. Understandably he's not a kid, but he's not a table lamp either.

It's just incompatibility.

• Like 7

Yea they do. They buy a dog and focus energy on loving that animal. The dog is giving them some emotional fulfillment that is/was lacking in their life.

Animals are beacons of love for people. Why else would someone want a pet? They get it to love it, and for the pet to love them.

That's an emotional filler.

Young women all have dogs here in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. I wonder why...........

Single, desperate women, will flaunt smiles and make it known they are into you. Most will play it cool and wait to see who has the nards.

Women who know what they want flash smiles and make eye contact.

fortyninethousand322
Yea they do. They buy a dog and focus energy on loving that animal. The dog is giving them some emotional fulfillment that is/was lacking in their life.

Animals are beacons of love for people. Why else would someone want a pet? They get it to love it, and for the pet to love them.

Young women all have dogs here in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. I wonder why...........

Sure people love their pets, but they don't get pets to serve as surrogates for their lack of romantic relationships, or their lack of children.

At least none of the people I've ever met.

• Like 3
Look, if you don't like pets you don't like pets. That's fair.

I'm a dude, so I know don't count, but I have a dog. I didn't get him because anyone dumped me or because I broke up with someone (I've never gotten far enough for those things). If someone told me I had to get rid of him I don't think I'd take too kindly to it. I regard him as a family member. Understandably he's not a kid, but he's not a table lamp either.

It's just incompatibility.

Women and men get dogs for different reasons.

Men want a friend and someone reliable. Another Bro, so to speak. Someone fun to chill with. I don't think any guy after a break up would be like "I'm getting a dog!"

Women get dogs as It's not a friend they want... It's something they can nurture, like a mother-son kind of deal.

Women with small dogs just want to be mothers...

Women with big dogs.. They want a partner, or were screwed over.

Not this preexisting mutt who was just a band-aid for her heartbreak. .

I am wondering why do some of these people automatically assume this? This is very unlikely as women mostly get pets...well, obviously, because they like pets.

You know, how when you buy a certain car..because...well, you know, you like it?

Something along the lines of that. :laugh:

And here in Ontario...it's the same. They are quick to post pics of them and their sometimes ugly dogs and cats on their dating profiles......

I don't particularly care for your dog/cats, especially when you have multiple like the crazy cat women

fortyninethousand322
Women and men get dogs for different reasons.

Men want a friend and someone reliable. Another Bro, so to speak. Someone fun to chill with. I don't think any guy after a break up would be like "I'm getting a dog!"

Women get dogs as It's not a friend they want... It's something they can nurture, like a mother-son kind of deal.

Women with small dogs just want to be mothers...

Women with big dogs.. They want a partner, or were screwed over.

Whatever you say man. I bow to your superior knowledge in psychological gender differences. I assume that's your area of clinical research...

• Like 2
I am wondering why do some of these people automatically assume this? This is very unlikely as women mostly get pets...well, obviously, because they like pets.

You know, how when you buy a certain car..because...well, you know, you like it?

Something along the lines of that. :laugh:

It's a knee jerk reaction for most of them, until they find out it doesn't really fit into their single social life, then there is the Vet fees and trying to get someone to look after it for them when they go off to cuba, mexico etc

It's a knee jerk reaction for most of them, until they find out it doesn't really fit into their single social life, then there is the Vet fees and trying to get someone to look after it for them when they go off to cuba, mexico etc

There was the girl of my dreams once... She got two dogs. I realized she wasn't the girl of my dreams.

-------

Dogs always seem like a good idea, then you think about trips/nights out/camping, picking up poop, walking them at 3am, walking them at 7am, walking them at 4pm, walking them at 10pm, vet trips, additional money to feed them, potential barking problem... And for most people... they are like "what a terrible idea".

Then there are the women... Who break up with a guy... Who are like: "I want a dog to put in a cute raincoat! So I can put it on my facebook/instagram" and don't think about all the above stated.

I have women on my floor - 2/3 have dogs. Of those 2 dogs both bark intensely whenever I walk out in to the hallway.. 1 dog is treated like a baby. Chills in a purse and probably sucks the chicks tit behind closed doors; And I want to knock the little C|_|NT out every time I see him.

The other one doesn't shut the hell up. And I would literally like to BBQ his ass for dinner tonight.

Both women look like they have had their hearts broken. And of the many other women I once knew and so few which I still do know... They all got dogs after a break-up.

So true. I wouldn't consider a woman who owned a dog already. Ideally, I want to find a girl with no animals and then when things get serious we get a dog together.

Not this preexisting mutt who was just a band-aid for her heartbreak. Plus, I don't want to walk a dog that's not mine. Why would I want to do that? Just because we both like the same woman? Nah.

That's like me hanging out with my best friends 'other' friend, we hangout because we both like the same friend? It's awkward. We're only friends because we have the same friend.

It's like getting in to a relationship when the person already has kids. I don't want that, I would question so many things... And there would be dog hair everywhere.

Most men unfortunately find themselves in this situation, and are willing to become the dog walker just because they want to get laid. I don't want to end up like that picking up dog poo, and having a dog job into bed and licking and blubbing all over me....the smell too can be horrendous, but dog/cat people can't seem to smell this.

I was talking to a woman this week who has 4 dogs, I was quick to take myself away from carrying on a conversation with her

There was the girl of my dreams once... She got two dogs. I realized she wasn't the girl of my dreams.

-------

Dogs always seem like a good idea, then you think about trips/nights out/camping, picking up poop, walking them at 3am, walking them at 7am, walking them at 4pm, walking them at 10pm, vet trips, additional money to feed them, potential barking problem... And for most people... they are like "what a terrible idea".

Then there are the women... Who break up with a guy... Who are like: "I want a dog to put in a cute raincoat! So I can put it on my facebook/instagram" and don't think about all the above stated.

I have women on my floor - 2/3 have dogs. Of those 2 dogs both bark intensely whenever I walk out in to the hallway.. 1 dog is treated like a baby. Chills in a purse and probably sucks the chicks tit behind closed doors; And I want to knock the little C|_|NT out every time I see him.

The other one doesn't shut the hell up. And I would literally like to BBQ his ass for dinner tonight.

Both women look like they have had their hearts broken. And of the many other women I once knew and so few which I still do know... They all got dogs after a break-up.

The story is the same everywhere, well of course if you ask them they will deny it, but the truth is that they got the pets so they can have them in bed with them, without thinking of all the work involved.

My ex now has 2 cats which she never had before

Other than for health reasons, to me a WOMAN who didn't like animals would be almost a red flag to me.

And here in Ontario...it's the same. They are quick to post pics of them and their sometimes ugly dogs and cats on their dating profiles......

I don't particularly care for your dog/cats, especially when you have multiple like the crazy cat women

• Like 4
A bunch of different reasons.

1: A lot of men have no backbone these days. No male role model, so they never learned how to be a man.

2: Too many women in public devote 110% of their time and attention to their cell phone. I used to like making eye contact with a woman before I would approach her. Eye contact will tell you a lot. Can't do that anymore.

3: I never know who to approach these days. How do you pick a woman to talk to when so many of them dress and act the same? Winter is coming, and around here, that means every single girl will be wearing the same outfit, black yoga pants, Ugg boots, and a The North Face jacket. Very few women stand out anymore.

4: People are less social than they used to be. Too much time spent on the internet or texting, and not face to face talking.

Strongly agree with #1 and #4.

I'll also add that some men overthink things way too much (they struggle to get outside their own head), instead of just getting out there with no expectations and interacting with people. They've "lost" before they even tried.

Talking to women, asking them out and dating them is actually quite simple...if the guy just lets it. An inability to get out of his own way makes his experiences with women unnecessarily complicated.

• Like 1
Other than for health reasons, to me a WOMAN who didn't like animals would be almost a red flag to me.

And you will be to her...it's a double edge sword.

Strongly agree with #1 and #4.

I'll also add that some men overthink things way too much (they struggle to get outside their own head), instead of just getting out there with no expectations and interacting with people. They've "lost" before they even tried.

Talking to women, asking them out and dating them is actually quite simple...if the guy just lets it. An inability to get out of his own way makes his experiences with women unnecessarily complicated.

Well this is just people in general. They hold their past onto their present. So how someone is, is a reflection of their past. We are merely our reactions to life.

Women have a nature to nourish. People say women's pets are subs for BF/H, but I think they're actually subs for children they want.

Yikes! Well, I have four. There's no way I would have had four human children, unless it was quads or two sets of twins.

• Like 4