Will God forgive me for killing a mouse?

bostonterrier

I was waiting for him to get out behind the table so i hit him with a broom, i felt really bad after he died:(

I was waiting for him to get out behind the table so i hit him with a broom, i felt really bad after he died:(

I had to shoot a squirrel in my basement one time. He was impossible to get out so I had no choice. I still felt a little bad, though, and I'm not even a huge animal rights person or anti-hunting.

• Author
bostonterrier
I had to shoot a squirrel in my basement one time. He was impossible to get out so I had no choice. I still felt a little bad, though, and I'm not even a huge animal rights person or anti-hunting.

I believe that killing an animal is murder just like murdering a human being,i do eat meat but killing an animal for no reason is murder.

I so understand how you feel. I had two mice in my house...one we were able to catch and release into the wild, the other one, not sure if he made it or not. I did something really stupid. I used those sticky things and watched carefully so that he wouldn't try to (you know, I can't say it) .... anyway got most of the sticky stuff off of his foot with lighter fluid (just a tiny bit) and put him in the 'have a heart' mouse catcher- it was really hot that day and when my daughter put him in the wild he was overcome from the fumes a bit (she thinks). He would have been ok for sure if he hadn't been in an enclosed device. I just wasn't thinking. I felt/feel like crap.

I believe that killing an animal is murder just like murdering a human being,i do eat meat but killing an animal for no reason is murder.

Well, eating meat is no more than convenience and a taste preference for most westerners, not at all necessary. The animals we eat mostly live torturous lives from birth to death. I can't think of much worse on the planet than being a pig or chicken on a confinement farm, where 99% of pigs and chickens are raised.

Please see

Why Vegan? | Vegan Outreach

and

Earthlings // Feature | Earthlings

• Like 4
todreaminblue

I dont think you will go to hell at all, you obviously have remorse for a killing you really didn't mean to do...its more like mouseslaughter than murder.....i agree with lollipopspot some farming of meat animals and egg layers is truly atrocious.....where they are breeding for bulk production.....even more so.....the small mum and dad farms who let their chickens run under the clothesline.....and the cows to eat and maintain the gardens to munch occasionally on the dead heads of sugar peas ....are the ones where animals are treated as how god wants us to treat animals with respect for them for they are good...god created them and saw them and said they are good....i am not ever going to argue with that..god loves them all.. animals were also put on earth for us to use sparingly as food......he also invented house cats.......my housecat precious sat there one day and watched a mouse run straight past him and yawned...most cats would have a go.....it was too much effort for precious.....tired him out thinking about it..but animals shouldnt reach plague proportions it upsets gods balance....and there is a balance.....mice need to be controlled in and around the home..we have rescued quite a few field mice from our cats not precious because he really doesnt care for field mice....we set them free in the park down the road....under an old scout house normally to give them ample cover.......no you wont go to hell...it was an accidental death and where theres one mouse in three or four months or six...i know it is extremely quick.... there could be fifty or more............i wish you well.......deb

• Like 1
Lostinlife4now
i was waiting for him to get out behind the table so i hit him with a broom, i felt really bad after he died:(

God forgives everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

Edited by Lostinlife4now
sp
  • Like 2

He forgives you for swatting that mouse (even though you were lying in wait so technically it is an aggravated offense), but he won't forgive you or anyone else for using one of those horrid glue traps, so don't.

• Like 4
BetheButterfly

I understand you feeling bad. :( I don't believe it's a sin to kill a mouse, but other people do, and I understand why.

My advice is to get a cat. Many cats have no problem hunting mice. It's a part of their nature, and I doubt they feel bad about it. It's possible that mice will stay away once they know a cat has come to stay.