Trix........

Stacy

Thank you for your advise. I feel like I'm running out of options. I have thought about telling her that we're done if she doesn't stop drinking. BUT, I love this girl and I don't think I could carry out the threat. She comes back in from out of town tonight and I jumped her pretty hard this morning. I emailed her and told her that I get angry because I care about her and want her around. There's got to be another option for me...since she will be home tonight so at least I won't have to worry about that, but do you think the ultimatum is all I've got? AA or something like that is out of the question, and I wouldn't call her an alchoholic. Just when she's out on the weekends? Any other ideas?

Your fiancé sounds a lot like a girl I used to know...she doesn't display all the signs of being an alcoholic -- my friend would usually only drink on weekends, it didn't interfere with her school or work life, she never drank alone, just out with friends, etc. Nothing seemed to convince her she had a problem until she had a pretty bad scare&but the idea is not to let it get to that point. Obviously AA wouldn't work because to try that she would have to admit to having a problem & she doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with her behaviour&or maybe she does, but believes it's something she can control. I wish I could give better advice, but all I can suggest is that you bring it up again, & stress that you're doing so out of love & your concern for her. You want to build a life with her. Really, she should at least be open to talking with you&how long have you been together & how long engaged?

Thank you for your advise. I feel like I'm running out of options. I have thought about telling her that we're done if she doesn't stop drinking. BUT, I love this girl and I don't think I could carry out the threat. She comes back in from out of town tonight and I jumped her pretty hard this morning. I emailed her and told her that I get angry because I care about her and want her around. There's got to be another option for me...since she will be home tonight so at least I won't have to worry about that, but do you think the ultimatum is all I've got? AA or something like that is out of the question, and I wouldn't call her an alchoholic. Just when she's out on the weekends? Any other ideas?