new relationship

Thiamine

I just recently restarted a relationship with this guy I met a while back. The thing is, I like him and he's really sweet; but when we were together over summer, it was great and everything, but then he like, drops off the face of the earth for 2 months. I kinda forgot about it and didn't know if I'd hear from him...and I didn't mind. Then he comes back, and he asks me if we're still together from summer. I was kind of appalled, because he disappears and just comes back whenever, and expects me to just be there waiting for me. That's *not* the impression he gave me, it was just a little awkward. I think he's a really nice guy and everything, but I don't know if I want to stay with him..it always seems like as soon as I get into a relationship, we're better off as friends...I mean *always* I don't know what to do. He's great, but its the kind of thing where he like me more than I like him, and that bothers me. Any suggestions?

I just recently restarted a relationship with this guy I met a while back. The thing is, I like him and he's really sweet; but when we were together over summer, it was great and everything, but then he like, drops off the face of the earth for 2 months. I kinda forgot about it and didn't know if I'd hear from him...and I didn't mind. Then he comes back, and he asks me if we're still together from summer. I was kind of appalled, because he disappears and just comes back whenever, and expects me to just be there waiting for me. That's *not* the impression he gave me, it was just a little awkward. I think he's a really nice guy and everything, but I don't know if I want to stay with him..it always seems like as soon as I get into a relationship, we're better off as friends...I mean *always* I don't know what to do. He's great, but its the kind of thing where he like me more than I like him, and that bothers me. Any suggestions?

Here is a trick. Make them a friend first then let the relationship develop.

That way you may end up with a truckload of good friends and possibly that man you seek.

Here is a trick. Make them a friend first then let the relationship develop. That way you may end up with a truckload of good friends and possibly that man you seek.

Thanks, but we *have* been friends for over a year before going out. It was really fun then, but whenever it gets into a relationship with him, something changes, and I hate that. And again, it's kind of a skewed-scale relationship (ie he likes me more than I like him) I'm just confused about the whole thing.