Friend zoned by foreign woman

Hi everyone new to this forum anyway I met an Italian woman who is in my country on holidays maybe to start a new life I met her 6 months ago and have been doing everything together going to bars beach etc except having sex. She moved 3 hours drive away from where I live recently but has always invited me to visit her which I have done. I have fallen for her we share so many things in common and can talk to her nonstop about anything anyway the dreaded friends word appeared about 4 weeks after meeting her at the start usually I would just walk away but for some reason I didn't maybe its because she is from another country and a little exotic and in the back of my mind I am thinking one day I will sleep with her which hasn't happened. Last time I visited her a couple of weeks ago she told me she likes this older man(14 years older than me) after seeing pictures of this guy I cant see what she finds in him over me a lot older and not attractive , when she told me it never really surprised me or affected me 2 weeks later I am a depressed and cant stop thinking of her sleeping with this other man. It didn't help the last time I was with her we went nude swimming.

I am trying to break all contact but it is hard resisting I will not initiate any messages or calls and am trying to hide any items that belong to her. The thing is I would like to keep her as a friend to find how she gets on in life but I don't want to relapse into this state again if I meet her. I did tell her I liked her but my biggest problem is I procrastinated for to long as I know she did like me at the beginning. What to do?

Italian woman

From a land renowned for sexually aggressive men

If you weren't coming onto her from day one it's likely she just assumed you weren't interested, had a partner or are gay

• Author

I think you are right eyeball I wasn't aggressive enough, her frolicking around nude in front of me I didn't consider much of a signal as she says that were she comes from being nude on the beach is common. although now ive got a picture in my head of her naked. I think what really hurt me is that this older man she is with now, she never found attractive or ever considered dating him but after getting to know him over a couple of months they are in love. Its like he was in the friendzone but managed to escape, they are in a situation where they see each other everyday for work its her boss. I think this situation has almost hurt me more than when I have actually broke up with a girlfriend that's how much I liked this woman.