Why do men need a warrant to approach?

I saw this thread posted earlier...

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/500744-saw-woman-looking-me-starbucks

And it made me think, with the aforementioned woman waving, smiling, and saying hi to this man, there were people (I'm guessing women) in the thread responding that even THAT didn't warrant an approach.

Now, I'm wondering why this is when there are tons of women out there sitting in public places, keeping to themselves while they drink their Latte's, not putting out any "signals" for being approached?

I found it kind of funny with even a woman who ACTUALLY interacted with a man that some silly responses were still, "Dude, that didn't warrant an approach either."

Like someone said, "Does she need to take her shirt off in front of you to warrant an approach?" LOL

I think it was a reasonable assumption on his part that once a woman smiles and waves at you, that breaks the ice enough to go talk to her. Unfortunately, that lady was sending the wrong signal, either intentionally or because she is half-blind and mistook him for someone she knew, possibly, but probably just because she is horny but isn't going to do anything about it. She got her ego boost out of it and so did he, but once she said she's married, that's it. If she had wanted to have a fling, she would probably not have told him that.

Women are manipulative creatures. one time a woman kept smiling at me looking, exposing etc. I didn't bite-something seemed off.

Sure enough about 5 min later her boyfriend showed up. I surmised she was having some relationship issues and wanted to find a man to make her boyfriend jealous.

It's a dance. If she returns your eye contact and smiles, say hello.

If she returns the greeting brightly, push forward.

If she doesn't respond encouragingly to your eye contact, or smile, or hello....move on.

• Like 1
It's a dance. If she returns your eye contact and smiles, say hello.

If she returns the greeting brightly, push forward.

If she doesn't respond encouragingly to your eye contact, or smile, or hello....move on.

In this case if I had responded to her invitations I would have been in an awkward and embarrassing situation when her boyfriend showed up and she would be grinning happily at another successful manipulation ploy.

No thanks.

There are two ways to look at approaching IMO. One is reading signals properly to gauge your "chances" and the other is not seeking "permission" to approach and strike up a convo. Grant it, the second way involves signals in a sense where you don't want to approach someone who is occupied/looks standoffish.

The point is that unless a woman greets us nice guys with cartwheels and streamers, we take that as a rejection. This goes for non dating instances too. Our whole MO is to not "piss a woman off". It could be on a conscious or unconscious level.

Women are manipulative creatures. one time a woman kept smiling at me looking, exposing etc. I didn't bite-something seemed off.

Sure enough about 5 min later her boyfriend showed up. I surmised she was having some relationship issues and wanted to find a man to make her boyfriend jealous.

If you think this way about us, then you are definitely better off single. Enjoy not smiling at us or "biting" for the rest of your life, knowing that not one of us ever got the better of you.