Re: Brutal Honesty

I have no idea what MOST guys think, but

I bet that MOST guys are not the guys you are interested in. I'm pretty sure that if any guy liked you enough, the kid thing would start to fade out as an issue. Speaking for myself, but I think a lot of other guys, love changes everything. Another thing I have noticed, is that some mothers develop SO MUCH anxiety about their kids, and how their kids will be received, their anxiety really pollutes the relationship, and keeps the mother from showing her goodness. That can be real tough to get through. But maybe the key there is, relax and be yourself, and try to take a positive attitude. Don

Thanks for the advice...the thing is, I have always HAD a positive attitude on the issue, actually I really didn't regard it as an issue. I mean, I know some people don't want to date people who already have kids, and they're free to make that choice. I guess I just never gave the race issue much weight, since it isn't an issue for me, I haven't really thought about how others might feel about it. I have never suffered anxiety over it, and only began to consider it a problem because of comments recently made to me. I know it was only one person's opinion, but this person now has me wondering if this is how 'most guys' feel, as he said.

Ah, I get it. So it's NOT your fear, really. Or it was just brought up by what somebody said. Boy, that says a lot about the power of the word. I'm gonna try to watch what I say to people! Thanks for letting me know what that was about. Don.