She gave him her address...

No woman in a committed relationship should be giving her address out to a man she meets at the pool. And you probably do not have the truth anyway. Why a woman would think this is ok is or why the ladies would think that is no big deal is beyond me. Would they like it if some hot girl in a thong bathing suit was given their husbands phone number by him at a pool larty they were not at.

You owe her no apology

• Like 2
Man Mountain Makino
My take on this is that this Lothario is trolling for action and she's playing right along. I broke up with her. How can I trust my heart to someone who is this open to horny strangers? Or, as my friend says, am I overreacting?

She's dating you and keeping her options open, bro.

• Like 1
Your choice to break up with her, but calling her a slut - on these facts - was way out of line.

It doesn't sound like you care about her that much, so good thing you ended it.

Not at all out of line. She definitely is a slut, cause I know for sure if the OP wasn't home and he dropped by things would have gotten physical. Good thing you dropped her OP, you made the right choice. I would have done exactly the same.

Man Mountain Makino
No woman in a committed relationship should be giving her address out to a man she meets at the pool. And you probably do not have the truth anyway. Why a woman would think this is ok is or why the ladies would think that is no big deal is beyond me. Would they like it if some hot girl in a thong bathing suit was given their husbands phone number by him at a pool larty they were not at.

You owe her no apology

Damn straight.

To test this thesis, give out your number to a poolside babe and see how the typical girlfriend or wife would react.

• Like 1
  • Author
Update: since this happened, she has been contacting me insisting that I apologize (I DID call her a slut), but totally absent is any apology on her part. Zero personal responsibility. I no longer question the appropriateness of my response- her true colors have come shining through!

Interesting update: My now ex-girlfriend's roommate, who I considered to be 1 of my best friends, was home alone when Larry Lothario came a-calling. Her words she texted me that day: he was "definitely lookin for action", & "I sent him packing- I doubt he'll be back". Fast-forward 3-4 days, after she spent time with my ex, he's now "a great guy- just wants to help out a couple of girls". Close ranks, ladies, and protect your own...

Interesting update: My now ex-girlfriend's roommate, who I considered to be 1 of my best friends, was home alone when Larry Lothario came a-calling. Her words she texted me that day: he was "definitely lookin for action", & "I sent him packing- I doubt he'll be back". Fast-forward 3-4 days, after she spent time with my ex, he's now "a great guy- just wants to help out a couple of girls". Close ranks, ladies, and protect your own...

Yeah....... just wants to "help out a couple of girls". Code for wanting some ****.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

She has been spotted by the neighbors making out with this guy in his Cadillac SUV and sneaking in the back way into the condo, then hasn't been back for several nights. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

• Like 1

His wife should probably know what's going on while he's away, don't know if it matters to you anymore, someone should tell her. Wow, did you dodge a bullet. You may have insulted her by what you called her but it appears that your assessment was pretty accurate. Like I said in my earlier post, no one gives out their real home address unless they expect something to come of it.

• Like 5

To be honest sounds like shes in it for the money that's the only conclusion I can muster up with since when his wife returns shes going to be dumped on her ass.

DO NOT let her crawl back

• Like 4

LI'm guessing some of you missed the below?

Yes... sorta. we had a long-distance relationship for about 9 months. she used to 'disappear' for hours at a time, 'doing laundry' (I don't get service at the laundramat), or turning her phone off to charge it (why?).

People don't disappear, and you don't need to turn your phone off to charge it. You also shouldn't talk or give your address to strangers!

Oh well, glad you've seen her true colors anyway. Good riddance.

Edited by Javelin
  • Like 1